DWI Lawyer in Pagedale, MO
DWI Lawyer in Pagedale, MO. Being pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the worst worries a Pagedale-area motorist can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance costs, and have points on your license for the near future. To make matters worse, your image among friends and neighbors will take a sizable blow, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as nations such as Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Pagedale?
Having an aggressive and effective Pagedale, MO DWI lawyer on your team can —and often does — make the difference between being found guilty to DWI and facing all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly for all our Pagedale, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for anything or if you have previous DWIs on your record, our firm will give your Pagedale DWI case the personal attention you deserve and craft a legal strategy that is designed to get you the optimal results.
Our record of success for those facing DWI charges is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s natural to be nervous. Being pulled over by police for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having taken a substantial number of Pagedale-area DWI cases, our firm requests that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own record of your Pagedale DWI stop can greatly improve your case and find potential differences between the police record and what actually occured. Police officers are mandated to follow a specific procedure in every DWI stop, and any missed or incorrect step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, too: courts have ruled that police can search and detain unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a law enforcement officer will lower the odds that they will search your car or subject you to heightened scrutiny. Being polite is the best thing to do when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but don’t give them any other information. Officers are on the lookout for for any reason to continue an investigation and take you into custody, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driving privileges for one year if you elect not to take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been taken into custody for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often unreliable and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to place you under arrest.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer as soon as you can. Your discussion with an attorney is entirely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, any issues that came up in your stop, or other questions you might have can be the difference between paying substantial fines and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Pagedale, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are stiff. Even a first Pagedale DWI offense could lead to the following punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Pagedale, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Pagedale, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Pagedale-area drivers do not know that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your original arrest. When you hire the Pagedale, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be sure that our firm will tackle both sides of your DWI case as soon as possible and work relentlessly to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, go over the details of your case, identify potential holes in the police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is designed to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Pagedale, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Pagedale DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Pagedale, MO, you are definitely well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The quicker you can get a trusted Pagedale DWI lawyer to look over documents, gather evidence, and establish your case, the higher the chances are that the effects resulting from your Pagedale DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped a large number of Pagedale-area residents from all walks of life fight DWI charges. Our firm melds best-in-class legal knowledge and aggressive litigation with a promise to provide personal attention and communication that is unmatched among Pagedale DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to 100% client satisfaction, which our former clients can attest to as well.
If you get pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Pagedale, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial document review and put the skilled Pagedale DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.