DWI Lawyer Pagedale, MO
DWI Lawyer in Pagedale, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst fears a Pagedale, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Pagedale, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Pagedale, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Pagedale. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Pagedale, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective Pagedale, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Pagedale, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Pagedale, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Pagedale, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Pagedale is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. When facing DWI charges near Pagedale, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Pagedale, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Pagedale, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Pagedale, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the Pagedale, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Pagedale, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Pagedale, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Pagedale, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Pagedale, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Pagedale, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Pagedale, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Pagedale, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Pagedale, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in Pagedale, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Pagedale, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect of a DWI case in Pagedale, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Pagedale, MO area may be unaware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Pagedale, MO.
When you hire the Pagedale, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will quickly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential discrepancies in the Pagedale police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Pagedale, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Pagedale area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Pagedale, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Pagedale, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Pagedale, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, amass evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Pagedale DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Pagedale, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a commitment to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Pagedale, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Pagedale, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial .