Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Orchard Farm, MO
DWI Lawyer in Orchard Farm, MO. Being pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the biggest worries a Orchard Farm-area motorist can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for the near future. Even worse, your reputation in the community will take a sizable blow, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as countries such as Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Orchard Farm?
Having an effective and aggressive Orchard Farm, MO DWI lawyer on your case can —and often does — make the difference between being found guilty to DWI and suffering all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Louis DWI lawyers fight fiercely for all our Orchard Farm, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for any moving violation or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Orchard Farm DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you with no regard to any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s logical to be nervous. Being stopped by the cops for any traffic infraction is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only heightened when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having taken hundreds of Orchard Farm-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you follow these steps if you are ever stopped for DUI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire interaction with your phone. Having your own account of your Orchard Farm DWI stop can greatly help your case and highlight potential inconsistencies between the police record and what really happened. Police officers are required to follow a set protocol in every DWI stop, and any missed or incorrect action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, as well: judges have ruled that police can detain and search unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being hostile to a police officer will lower the odds that they will search your car or subject you to a higher level of scrutiny. A little politeness goes a long way when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but do not give them anything else. Cops are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and take you into custody, so do not give them one.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driving privileges for 12 months if you elect not to take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only comes into effect after you have been taken into custody for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer immediately. Your chat with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breathalyzer test at the precinct, any issues that arose during your stop, or further questions you might have can be the difference between spending time in jail and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Orchard Farm, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are stiff. Even a first Orchard Farm DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Orchard Farm, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Regular, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative portion of a Orchard Farm, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Orchard Farm-area drivers do not know that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you hire the Orchard Farm, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both sides of your DWI case urgently and work hard to reduce the consequences a DWI arrest has on your life. We will obtain evidence, look at the details of your case, identify potential problems in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is built to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting optimal results for our Orchard Farm, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Orchard Farm DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Orchard Farm, MO, you are certainly cognizant that timing is critical when it comes to your case. The quicker you can get a trusted Orchard Farm DWI lawyer to read documents, gather evidence, and craft your case, the higher the chances are that the consequences resulting from your Orchard Farm DWI arrest will be greatly lowered, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped many Orchard Farm-area residents from all walks of life battle DWI accusations. Our firm melds best-in-class legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that is unequaled among Orchard Farm DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and no matter where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk about your case or any other legal matter. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our former clients can speak to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Orchard Farm, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and get the veteran Orchard Farm DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.