DWI Lawyer Orchard Farm, MO
DWI Lawyer in Orchard Farm, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst experiences a Orchard Farm, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Orchard Farm, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Orchard Farm, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Orchard Farm. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Orchard Farm, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective DWI lawyer on your Orchard Farm, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned Orchard Farm, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our Orchard Farm, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Orchard Farm, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Orchard Farm is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Orchard Farm, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Orchard Farm, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Orchard Farm, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Orchard Farm, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Orchard Farm, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Orchard Farm, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Orchard Farm, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Orchard Farm, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Orchard Farm, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Orchard Farm, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Orchard Farm, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following repercussions under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Orchard Farm, MO legal team makes sure that the citizens of Orchard Farm, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Orchard Farm, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Orchard Farm, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing potential penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect in a Orchard Farm, MO DWI case has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages your license revocation or suspension. Most drivers in the Orchard Farm, MO area may be unaware that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Orchard Farm, MO.
When you hire the Orchard Farm, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will quickly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential discrepancies in the Orchard Farm police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built for success. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Orchard Farm, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Orchard Farm area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Orchard Farm, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Orchard Farm, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Orchard Farm, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Orchard Farm will be significantly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Orchard Farm, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a dedication to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Orchard Farm, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will promptly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Orchard Farm, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial .