DWI Lawyer New Melle, MO
DWI Lawyer in New Melle, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst experiences a New Melle, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the New Melle, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier New Melle, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-strings-attached consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the New Melle, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective DWI lawyer on your New Melle, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our experienced New Melle, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the New Melle, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your New Melle, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in New Melle is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in everything we do. When facing DWI charges near New Melle, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in New Melle, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the New Melle, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in New Melle, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI near New Melle, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced New Melle, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in New Melle, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring New Melle, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in New Melle, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding New Melle, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your New Melle, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced New Melle, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of New Melle, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in New Melle, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in New Melle, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component in a New Melle, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Many New Melle, MO-area drivers may not be aware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in New Melle, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the New Melle, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential holes in the New Melle police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our New Melle, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the New Melle area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A New Melle, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in New Melle, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned New Melle, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your New Melle DWI arrest will be greatly mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of New Melle, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near New Melle, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the New Melle, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial .