DWI Lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO
DWI Lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO. Getting pulled over and charged with driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the worst fears a Moscow Mills-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a significant fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for the near future. To make matters worse, your reputation in the community will take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as nations such as Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Moscow Mills?
Having an aggressive and effective Moscow Mills, MO DWI lawyer in your corner can be — and often is — the difference between being found guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Louis DWI lawyers fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Moscow Mills, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for any moving violation or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Moscow Mills DWI case the personal attention you deserve and create a legal strategy that is designed to get you the best possible outcome.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only increased when you are accused of impaired driving. Having taken many Moscow Mills-area DWI cases, our firm suggests that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own record of your Moscow Mills DWI stop can greatly benefit your case and highlight potential discrepancies between the police account and what actually occured. Police officers are mandated to follow a set protocol in every DWI stop, and any missed or incorrect action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, as well: courts have ruled that police can search and detain unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a police officer will lower the odds that they will search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite is the best thing to do when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but don’t give them any other information. Officers are on the lookout for for any reason to find probable cause and arrest you, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or blood test, this only is in effect after you have been taken into custody for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are often unreliable and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to place you under arrest.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breathalyzer test at the precinct, any issues that arose during your stop, or additional questions you might have can be the difference between spending time in jail and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Moscow Mills, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first Moscow Mills DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Moscow Mills, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include no less than 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Regular, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative component in a Moscow Mills, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Moscow Mills-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your original arrest. When you hire the Moscow Mills, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be sure that our firm will take on both components of your DWI case urgently and fight fiercely to minimize the consequences a DWI arrest has on your life. We will obtain evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best outcomes for our Moscow Mills, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Moscow Mills DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Moscow Mills, MO, you are definitely well aware that timing is critical when it comes to your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Moscow Mills DWI lawyer to read documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the punishments resulting from your Moscow Mills DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped many Moscow Mills-area residents from all walks of life battle DWI accusations. Our firm merges first-rate legal knowledge and hard-nosed litigation with a promise to provide personal service and communication that is unequaled among Moscow Mills DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and no matter where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our commitment to 100% client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you get pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Moscow Mills, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial consultation and get the skilled Moscow Mills DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.