DWI Lawyer in Montgomery City, MO
DWI Lawyer in Montgomery City, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst fears a Montgomery City, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Montgomery City, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Montgomery City, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-strings-attached consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Montgomery City, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient Montgomery City, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Montgomery City, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our Montgomery City, MO area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Montgomery City, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Montgomery City accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring total client satisfaction in every facet of our service. When facing DWI charges near Montgomery City, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Montgomery City, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Montgomery City, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Montgomery City, MO-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI near Montgomery City, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Montgomery City, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Montgomery City, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Montgomery City, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Montgomery City, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Montgomery City, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Montgomery City, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following repercussions under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Montgomery City, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Montgomery City, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Montgomery City, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Montgomery City, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet of a DWI case in Montgomery City, MO has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages your license revocation or suspension. Many Montgomery City, MO-area drivers may be unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Montgomery City, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Montgomery City, MO at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will quickly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential holes in the Montgomery City police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Montgomery City, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Montgomery City area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Montgomery City, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Montgomery City, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Montgomery City, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Montgomery City DWI arrest will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Montgomery City, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and assertive litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Montgomery City, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Montgomery City, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Montgomery City, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.