Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Marlborough, MO
DWI Lawyer in Marlborough, MO. Being pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is definitely one of the worst fears a Marlborough-area driver can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for the near future. Even worse, your image among friends and neighbors will take a sizable hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as countries such as Canada prevent travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Marlborough?
Having an effective and aggressive Marlborough, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be — and often is — the difference between being found guilty to DWI and facing all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Louis DWI lawyers fight fiercely for all our Marlborough, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if you have previous DWIs on your record, our firm will give your Marlborough DWI case the personal attention you deserve and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you with no regard to any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s understandable to be nervous. Being stopped by police for any traffic infraction is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having tried a substantial number of Marlborough-area DWI cases, our firm suggests that you take the following course of action if you are ever stopped for DUI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, stop there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire encounter with your phone. Having your own record of your Marlborough DWI stop can greatly benefit your case and highlight potential inconsistencies between the police report and what actually happened. Police officers are mandated to follow a specific procedure in every DWI stop, and any missed or incorrect step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, too: judges have ruled that police can seize and search unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a police officer will increase the likelihood that they will search your car or subject you to heightened scrutiny. Being polite does you a lot of good when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but nothing more. Cops are on the lookout for for any excuse to find probable cause and take you into custody, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been arrested for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not consistent and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to place you under arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer immediately. Your conversation with an attorney is 100% confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a BAC test at the station, any complications that arose during your stop, or additional questions you might have can be the difference between spending time in jail and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Marlborough, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are stiff. Even a first Marlborough DWI offense could lead to these punishments under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Marlborough, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include no less than 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Marlborough, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Marlborough-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, but only if that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you hire the Marlborough, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will handle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and fight relentlessly to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, go over the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting the best results for our Marlborough, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Marlborough DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Marlborough, MO, you are certainly well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The quicker you can get a trusted Marlborough DWI lawyer to review documents, collect evidence, and craft your defense, the higher the chances are that the effects resulting from your Marlborough DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Marlborough-area residents of all kinds battle DWI charges. Our firm combines first-rate legal knowledge and combative litigation with a pledge to provide personal attention and communication that is unmatched among Marlborough DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that regardless of what time it is, regardless of the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our promise of 100% client satisfaction, which our previous clients can speak to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Marlborough, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial consultation and get the veteran Marlborough DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group on your case.