DWI Lawyer Manchester, MO
DWI Lawyer in Manchester, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience, especially considering the likely repercussions for Manchester, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance premiums, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Manchester community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Manchester, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Manchester. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Manchester, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient DWI lawyer on your Manchester, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Manchester, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our clients throughout the Manchester, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Manchester, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Manchester accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every facet of our service. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Manchester, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Manchester, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Manchester, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous Manchester, MO-area DWI cases, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Manchester, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Manchester, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Manchester, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Manchester, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Manchester, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Manchester, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Manchester, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Manchester, MO legal team makes sure that the citizens of Manchester, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Manchester, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Manchester, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component in a Manchester, MO DWI case has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with the revocation or suspension of your license. Most Manchester, MO-area drivers may not be aware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Manchester, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Manchester, MO at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will quickly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential discrepancies in the Manchester police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal outcomes for our Manchester, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Manchester area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Manchester, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Manchester, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Manchester, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Manchester will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Manchester, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Manchester, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Manchester, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Manchester, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.