DWI Lawyer in Lincoln County, MO
DWI Lawyer in Lincoln County, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst experiences a Lincoln County, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Lincoln County, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Lincoln County, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Lincoln County. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Lincoln County, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective Lincoln County, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Lincoln County, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our Lincoln County, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Lincoln County, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending Lincoln County residents accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every facet of our service. When facing DWI charges near Lincoln County, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Lincoln County, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Lincoln County, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Lincoln County, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Lincoln County, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Lincoln County, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Lincoln County, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Lincoln County, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Lincoln County, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Lincoln County, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Lincoln County, MO
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Lincoln County, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Lincoln County, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in Lincoln County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous forms of law, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Lincoln County, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet in a Lincoln County, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Lincoln County, MO-area drivers may not be aware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Lincoln County, MO.
When you hire the Lincoln County, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will quickly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Lincoln County police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built for success. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Lincoln County, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Lincoln County area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Lincoln County, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Lincoln County, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Lincoln County, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Lincoln County will be substantially reduced, if not eliminated.
For numerous people in Lincoln County, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and assertive litigation with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Lincoln County, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Lincoln County, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Lincoln County, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.