DWI Lawyer in Ladue, MO
DWI Lawyer in Ladue, MO. Being pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the worst fears a Ladue-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a significant fine, face increased insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. To make matters worse, your reputation in the community will take a massive blow, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as nations such as Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Ladue?
Having an effective and aggressive Ladue, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be — and often is — the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and facing all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our veteran St. Louis DWI lawyers fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Ladue, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if you have previous DWIs on your record, our firm will give your Ladue DWI case the personal attention you expect and craft a legal strategy that is made to get you the best possible outcome.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s logical to be nervous. Being pulled over by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having taken many Ladue-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you follow these steps if you are ever pulled over for DUI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire encounter with your phone. Having your own record of your Ladue DWI stop can greatly benefit your case and find potential discrepancies between the police record and what really happened. Police officers are required to follow a set procedure in every DWI stop, and any missed or incorrect action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, as well: judges have ruled that police can search and detain unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a police officer will lower the odds that they will search your car or subject you to a higher level of scrutiny. Kindness is the best thing to do when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but do not give them anything else. Officers are on the lookout for for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them one.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driving privileges for 12 months if you refuse a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been taken into custody for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer immediately. Your conversation with an attorney is completely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a BAC test at the station, any issues that arose during your stop, or further questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Ladue, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first Ladue DWI offense could lead to these consequences under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Ladue, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include at least 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Ladue, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Ladue-area drivers are not aware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, but only if that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you hire the Ladue, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can rest assured that our firm will take on both sides of your DWI case without delay and fight hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, go over the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is designed to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best results for our Ladue, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Ladue DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Ladue, MO, you are definitely well aware that time is of the essence when it comes to your case. The quicker you can get a trusted Ladue DWI lawyer to review documents, collect evidence, and build your case, the higher the chances are that the consequences resulting from your Ladue DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Ladue-area residents from all walks of life battle DWI accusations. Our firm merges first-rate legal knowledge and combative litigation with a promise to provide personal attention and communication that is unmatched among Ladue DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers vow that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our commitment to total client satisfaction, which our former clients can speak to as well.
If you get pulled over and charged with DWI in the Ladue, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial case review and put the skilled Ladue DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.