DWI Lawyer in Labadie, MO
DWI Lawyer in Labadie, MO. Being pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the biggest worries a Labadie-area driver can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a hefty fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for the near future. To make matters worse, your status among friends and neighbors will take a sizable hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as nations including Canada prevent travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Labadie?
Having an aggressive and effective Labadie, MO DWI lawyer in your corner can —and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned St. Louis DWI lawyers fight fiercely on behalf of all our Labadie, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Labadie DWI case the personal attention you deserve and create a legal strategy that is made to get you the best results.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any traffic infraction is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” response, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Labadie-area DWI cases, our firm requests that you follow these steps if you are ever stopped for DWI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire encounter with your phone. Having your own record of your Labadie DWI stop can greatly benefit your case and find potential discrepancies between the police account and what actually happened. Police officers are required to follow a set procedure in every DWI stop, and any incorrect or overlooked action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, as well: courts have ruled that police can seize and search unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being hostile to a cop will lower the odds that they will search your car or subject you to a higher level of scrutiny. Kindness does you a lot of good when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but do not give them anything else. Cops are on the lookout for for any reason to find probable cause and take you into custody, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for 12 months if you do not take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only is in effect after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are not consistent and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to place you under arrest.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer immediately. Your chat with an attorney is completely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, any complications that came up in your stop, or further questions you might have can be the difference between paying substantial fines and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Labadie, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are serious. Even a first Labadie DWI offense could lead to these punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Labadie, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative portion of a Labadie, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Labadie-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your original arrest. When you work with the Labadie, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will take on both parts of your DWI case urgently and fight relentlessly to reduce the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, go over the details of your case, identify potential problems in the police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best results for our Labadie, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Labadie DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Labadie, MO, you are definitely cognizant that time is of the essence when it comes to your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Labadie DWI lawyer to look over documents, collect evidence, and build your defense, the higher the chances are that the consequences resulting from your Labadie DWI arrest will be greatly lowered, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped many Labadie-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI accusations. Our firm merges top-notch legal knowledge and combative litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that is unequaled among Labadie DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal matter. This is part of our commitment to total client satisfaction, which our former clients can speak to as well.
If you get pulled over and charged with DWI in the Labadie, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and get the skilled Labadie DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group on your case.