DWI Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO
DWI Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst fears a Kirkwood, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Kirkwood, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Kirkwood, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Kirkwood. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Kirkwood, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective DWI lawyer on your Kirkwood, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and reaching a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Kirkwood, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our clients throughout the Kirkwood, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Kirkwood, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Kirkwood accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring total client satisfaction in every facet of our service. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Kirkwood, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your Kirkwood, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Kirkwood, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Kirkwood, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI near Kirkwood, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Kirkwood, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Kirkwood, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Kirkwood, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Kirkwood, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Kirkwood, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Kirkwood, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following repercussions under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Kirkwood, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Kirkwood, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Kirkwood, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Kirkwood, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet in a Kirkwood, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with the revocation or suspension of your license. Most Kirkwood, MO-area drivers may not be aware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Kirkwood, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Kirkwood, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential holes in the Kirkwood police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal outcomes for our Kirkwood, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Kirkwood area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Kirkwood, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Kirkwood, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Kirkwood, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Kirkwood will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Kirkwood, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Kirkwood, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Kirkwood, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial .