DWI Lawyer in Kingdom City, MO
DWI Lawyer in Kingdom City, MO. Being pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the worst worries a Kingdom City-area driver can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for the near future. To make matters worse, your image in the community will take a sizable impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as nations such as Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Kingdom City?
Having an aggressive and effective Kingdom City, MO DWI lawyer on your case can —and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our veteran St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly for all our Kingdom City, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for any moving violation or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Kingdom City DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the optimal results.
Our track record of success for those accused of DWI is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by the cops for any traffic infraction is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having tried a substantial number of Kingdom City-area DWI cases, our firm requests that you do the following if you are ever pulled over for DUI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire interaction with your phone. Having your own account of your Kingdom City DWI stop can greatly help your case and highlight potential discrepancies between the police account and what actually occured. Police officers are mandated to follow a set procedure in every DWI stop, and any incorrect or overlooked step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, too: courts have ruled that police can seize and search unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being hostile to a law enforcement officer will increase the likelihood that they will search your car or subject you to heightened scrutiny. Kindness goes a long way when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but do not give them anything else. Officers are on the lookout for for any excuse to continue an investigation and take you into custody, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or blood test, this only comes into effect after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to take you into custody.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your discussion with an attorney is completely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a BAC test at the station, any complications that arose in your stop, or additional questions you might have can be the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Kingdom City, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are stiff. Even a first Kingdom City DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Kingdom City, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include no less than 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Regular, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative portion of a Kingdom City, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Kingdom City-area drivers do not know that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, but only if that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you work with the Kingdom City, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will handle both components of your DWI case without delay and work hard to limit the consequences a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the details of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best outcomes for our Kingdom City, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Kingdom City DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Kingdom City, MO, you are definitely cognizant that time is of the essence when it comes to your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Kingdom City DWI lawyer to read documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the punishments resulting from your Kingdom City DWI arrest will be greatly lowered, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped many Kingdom City-area residents of all kinds take on DWI accusations. Our firm melds first-rate legal expertise and hard-nosed litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that is unequaled among Kingdom City DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that regardless of what time it is, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal matter. This is part of our promise of total client satisfaction, which our former clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Kingdom City, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation and put the experienced Kingdom City DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.