Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Jonesburg, MO
DWI Lawyer in Jonesburg, MO. Being pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the biggest fears a Jonesburg-area motorist can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for the near future. To make matters worse, your reputation among friends and neighbors will take a massive hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as nations including Canada prevent travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Jonesburg?
Having an aggressive and effective Jonesburg, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be — and often is — the difference between being found guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly on behalf of all our Jonesburg, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for any moving violation or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Jonesburg DWI case the personal attention you expect and craft a legal strategy that is designed to get you the optimal results.
Our record of success for those facing DWI charges is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s logical to be nervous. Being stopped by the cops for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” response, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having taken hundreds of Jonesburg-area DWI cases, our firm requests that you follow these steps if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own account of your Jonesburg DWI stop can greatly help your case and find potential discrepancies between the police account and what actually occured. Police officers are mandated to follow a specific procedure in every DWI stop, and any incorrect or overlooked action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, as well: judges have ruled that police can detain and search unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a cop will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Kindness is the best thing to do when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but nothing more. Cops are on the lookout for for any reason to continue an investigation and take you into custody, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for 12 months if you do not take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to take you into custody.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a BAC test at the station, any issues that arose in your stop, or further questions you might have can make the difference between spending time in jail and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Jonesburg, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are stiff. Even a first Jonesburg DWI offense could lead to these punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Jonesburg, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Jonesburg, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Jonesburg-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, so long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you work with the Jonesburg, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be sure that our firm will take on both components of your DWI case without delay and fight tirelessly to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, go over the details of your case, identify potential holes in the police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting optimal outcomes for our Jonesburg, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Jonesburg DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Jonesburg, MO, you are certainly cognizant that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Jonesburg DWI lawyer to review documents, obtain evidence, and craft your defense, the higher the chances are that the effects resulting from your Jonesburg DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped many Jonesburg-area residents of all kinds battle DWI charges. Our firm merges first-rate legal acumen and hard-nosed litigation with a promise to provide personal attention and communication that is unmatched among Jonesburg DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk about your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our promise of total client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you get pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Jonesburg, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial document review and get the veteran Jonesburg DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.