DWI Lawyer in Jennings, MO
DWI Lawyer in Jennings, MO. Being pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the biggest fears a Jennings-area driver can have. Not only will you be prohibited from driving for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a hefty fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for years to come. To make matters worse, your reputation among friends and neighbors will take a massive impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as countries such as Canada prevent travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Jennings?
Having an aggressive and effective Jennings, MO DWI lawyer on your team can be — and often is — the difference between being found guilty to DWI and facing all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Louis DWI lawyers fight tirelessly for all our Jennings, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for any violation or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Jennings DWI case the personal attention you expect and plan a legal strategy that is built to get you the best results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you with no regard to any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having taken hundreds of Jennings-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you follow these steps if you are ever stopped for DWI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own account of your Jennings DWI stop can greatly benefit your case and highlight potential differences between the police record and what really occured. Police officers are required to follow a specific procedure in every DWI stop, and any incorrect or overlooked action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, as well: judges have ruled that police can search and detain unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a police officer will increase the likelihood that they will search your car or subject you to a higher level of scrutiny. Kindness does you a lot of good when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but nothing more. Cops are looking for any reason to find probable cause and arrest you, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driving privileges for one year if you do not take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only comes into effect after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer immediately. Your conversation with an attorney is completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breathalyzer test at the station, any issues that arose during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Jennings, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are stiff. Even a first Jennings DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Jennings, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include at least 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative component in a Jennings, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Jennings-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you work with the Jennings, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be sure that our firm will take on both sides of your DWI case as soon as possible and work relentlessly to reduce the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential problems in the police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Jennings, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Jennings DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Jennings, MO, you are definitely cognizant that time is money when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Jennings DWI lawyer to look over documents, gather evidence, and craft your case, the higher the chances are that the punishments resulting from your Jennings DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped many Jennings-area residents from all walks of life fight DWI accusations. Our firm melds best-in-class legal knowledge and hard-nosed litigation with a promise to provide personal service and communication that is unequaled among Jennings DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers vow that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to total client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you get pulled over and charged with DWI in the Jennings, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation and put the experienced Jennings DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.