DWI Lawyer Jefferson County, MO
DWI Lawyer in Jefferson County, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, particularly considering the potential repercussions for Jefferson County, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Jefferson County community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Jefferson County, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Jefferson County, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient Jefferson County, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Jefferson County, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Jefferson County, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Jefferson County, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Jefferson County accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every aspect of our service. When facing DWI charges near Jefferson County, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Jefferson County, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Jefferson County, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Jefferson County, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the Jefferson County, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Jefferson County, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Jefferson County, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Jefferson County, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Jefferson County, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Jefferson County, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Jefferson County, MO
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Jefferson County, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Jefferson County, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in Jefferson County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Jefferson County, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component in a Jefferson County, MO DWI case has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages your license revocation or suspension. Most drivers in the Jefferson County, MO area may not be aware that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Jefferson County, MO.
When you hire the Jefferson County, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will promptly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Jefferson County police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Jefferson County, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Jefferson County area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Jefferson County, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Jefferson County, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Jefferson County, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Jefferson County will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Jefferson County, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Jefferson County, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Jefferson County, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial .