DWI Lawyer Imperial, MO
DWI Lawyer in Imperial, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, especially considering the likely repercussions for Imperial, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Imperial community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Imperial, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-strings-attached consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Imperial, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective Imperial, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and reaching a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned Imperial, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Imperial, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm is committed to providing your Imperial, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We devise a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Imperial is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Imperial, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your Imperial, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Imperial, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Imperial, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the Imperial, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Imperial, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Imperial, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Imperial, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Imperial, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Imperial, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Imperial, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Imperial, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Imperial, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Imperial, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Imperial, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet of a DWI case in Imperial, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Many drivers in the Imperial, MO area may be unaware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Imperial, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Imperial, MO at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Imperial police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Imperial, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Imperial area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Imperial, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Imperial, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Imperial, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Imperial will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Imperial, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Imperial, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Imperial, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial case review and put the experienced Imperial, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.