DWI Lawyer in House Springs, MO
DWI Lawyer in House Springs, MO. Being pulled over and charged with driving while intoxicated is arguably one of the worst worries a House Springs-area motorist can have. Not only will you be prohibited from driving for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a hefty fine, face increased insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your status in the community will take a massive impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as nations including Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in House Springs?
Having an aggressive and effective House Springs, MO DWI lawyer on your case can —and often does — make the difference between being found guilty to DWI and facing all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned St. Louis DWI lawyers fight tirelessly on behalf of all our House Springs, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for any moving violation or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your House Springs DWI case the personal attention you deserve and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best outcome.
Our record of success for those facing DWI charges is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s understandable to be nervous. Being pulled over by law enforcement for any traffic infraction is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of House Springs-area DWI cases, our firm requests that you do the following if you are ever stopped for DUI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, stop there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire interaction with your phone. Having your own account of your House Springs DWI stop can greatly benefit your case and identify potential discrepancies between the police report and what really occured. Police officers are required to follow a set procedure in every DWI stop, and any wrong or skipped action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, as well: judges have ruled that police can search and detain unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a cop will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Kindness is the best thing to do when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Officers are looking for any reason to find probable cause and take you into custody, so do not give them one.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driving privileges for one year if you elect not to take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only comes into effect after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to take you into custody.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the precinct, any complications that came up during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between paying substantial fines and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your House Springs, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first House Springs DWI offense could lead to the following punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in House Springs, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include no less than 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative component in a House Springs, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most House Springs-area drivers are not aware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you hire the House Springs, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will handle both sides of your DWI case as soon as possible and fight fiercely to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is designed to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best outcomes for our House Springs, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A House Springs DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in House Springs, MO, you are probably well aware that timing is critical when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a trusted House Springs DWI lawyer to look over documents, obtain evidence, and craft your defense, the better the odds are that the punishments resulting from your House Springs DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of House Springs-area residents from all backgrounds battle DWI accusations. Our firm merges first-rate legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a promise to provide personal attention and communication that is unequaled among House Springs DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our promise of total client satisfaction, which our former clients can speak to as well.
If you get pulled over and arrested for DWI in the House Springs, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial consultation and put the experienced House Springs DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.