Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Harvester, MO
DWI Lawyer in Harvester, MO. Getting pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is arguably one of the worst worries a Harvester-area motorist can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a hefty fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for the near future. Even worse, your reputation among friends and neighbors will take a sizable blow, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as countries including Canada prevent travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Harvester?
Having an aggressive and effective Harvester, MO DWI lawyer on your case can —and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our veteran St. Louis DWI lawyers fight fiercely for all our Harvester, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for any moving violation or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Harvester DWI case the personal attention you expect and craft a legal strategy that is designed to get you the best possible results.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you with no regard to any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by police for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only increased when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried a substantial number of Harvester-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever stopped for DUI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire encounter with your phone. Having your own account of your Harvester DWI stop can greatly improve your case and highlight potential inconsistencies between the police account and what actually occured. Police officers are required to follow a set protocol in every DWI stop, and any incorrect or overlooked step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, too: courts have ruled that police can seize and search unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite does you a lot of good when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but nothing more. Cops are on the lookout for for any excuse to find probable cause and arrest you, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driving privileges for one year if you do not take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only is in effect after you have been arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to take you into custody.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer immediately. Your chat with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the precinct, any issues that came up during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Harvester, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first Harvester DWI offense could lead to these consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Harvester, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative portion of a Harvester, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Harvester-area drivers are not aware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, but only if that appeal is filed within 15 days of your original arrest. When you hire the Harvester, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will take on both sides of your DWI case as soon as possible and fight fiercely to limit the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, look at the details of your case, identify potential holes in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is built to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting the best results for our Harvester, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Harvester DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Harvester, MO, you are certainly cognizant that time is money when it comes to your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Harvester DWI lawyer to read documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Harvester DWI arrest will be greatly lowered, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped many Harvester-area residents from all backgrounds take on DWI accusations. Our firm melds best-in-class legal knowledge and hard-nosed litigation with a pledge to provide personal attention and communication that is unequaled among Harvester DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers vow that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk about your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our commitment to 100% client satisfaction, which our previous clients can speak to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Harvester, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation and put the veteran Harvester DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.