DWI Lawyer in Gray Summit, MO
DWI Lawyer in Gray Summit, MO. Being pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is arguably one of the worst fears a Gray Summit-area driver can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a significant fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation among friends and neighbors will take a sizable impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as nations including Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Gray Summit?
Having an aggressive and effective Gray Summit, MO DWI lawyer in your corner can —and often does — make the difference between being found guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly for all our Gray Summit, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for any moving violation or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Gray Summit DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is made to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you with no regard to any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s understandable to be nervous. Being stopped by the cops for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Gray Summit-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you do the following if you are ever stopped for DWI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire encounter with your phone. Having your own record of your Gray Summit DWI stop can greatly improve your case and find potential discrepancies between the police record and what really occured. Police officers are mandated to follow a specific procedure in every DWI stop, and any missed or incorrect step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, as well: judges have ruled that police can search and detain unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being hostile to a cop will lower the odds that they will search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite does you a lot of good when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but do not give them anything else. Officers are on the lookout for for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them one.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driving privileges for 12 months if you do not take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only is in effect after you have been arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to take you into custody.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer immediately. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breathalyzer test at the precinct, any complications that came up during your stop, or additional questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Gray Summit, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first Gray Summit DWI offense could lead to these punishments under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Gray Summit, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include at least 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative portion of a Gray Summit, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Gray Summit-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, but only if that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you work with the Gray Summit, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both halves of your DWI case as soon as possible and fight relentlessly to reduce the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential problems in the police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best outcomes for our Gray Summit, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Gray Summit DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Gray Summit, MO, you are definitely well aware that time is money when it comes to your case. The sooner you can get a trusted Gray Summit DWI lawyer to read documents, collect evidence, and build your defense, the better the odds are that the punishments resulting from your Gray Summit DWI arrest will be greatly lowered, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped a large number of Gray Summit-area residents from all walks of life battle DWI charges. Our firm merges top-notch legal acumen and combative litigation with a commitment to personal attention and communication that is unmatched among Gray Summit DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our promise of 100% client satisfaction, which our former clients can speak to as well.
After you have been pulled over and charged with DWI in the Gray Summit, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial case review and put the veteran Gray Summit DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.