DWI Lawyer Glendale, MO
DWI Lawyer in Glendale, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, particularly considering the likely repercussions for Glendale, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance premiums, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Glendale community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Glendale, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Glendale. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Glendale, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective Glendale, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Glendale, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our Glendale, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your Glendale, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We devise a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Glendale is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Glendale, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Glendale, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Glendale, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Glendale, MO-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI in the Glendale, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Glendale, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Glendale, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Glendale, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Glendale, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Glendale, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Glendale, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Glendale, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Glendale, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Glendale, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Glendale, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet in a Glendale, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Glendale, MO area may not be aware that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Glendale, MO.
When you hire the Glendale, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential discrepancies in the Glendale police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal outcomes for our Glendale, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Glendale area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Glendale, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Glendale, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Glendale, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Glendale DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Glendale, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Glendale, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Glendale, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial .