DWI Lawyer Franklin County, MO
DWI Lawyer in Franklin County, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience, especially considering the potential repercussions for Franklin County, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Franklin County community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Franklin County, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-strings-attached consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Franklin County, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective Franklin County, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned Franklin County, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our clients throughout the Franklin County, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Franklin County, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending Franklin County residents accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every facet of our service. When facing DWI charges near Franklin County, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Franklin County, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Franklin County, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Franklin County, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Franklin County, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Franklin County, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Franklin County, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Franklin County, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Franklin County, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Franklin County, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Franklin County, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Franklin County, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Franklin County, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Franklin County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many forms of law, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Franklin County, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Franklin County, MO has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Franklin County, MO area may be unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Franklin County, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Franklin County, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will promptly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential discrepancies in the Franklin County police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Franklin County, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Franklin County area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Franklin County, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Franklin County, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Franklin County, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Franklin County will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Franklin County, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a dedication to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Franklin County, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Franklin County, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Franklin County, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.