DWI Lawyer in Foristell, MO
DWI Lawyer in Foristell, MO. Getting pulled over and charged with driving while intoxicated is definitely one of the biggest fears a Foristell-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a hefty fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for the near future. Even worse, your image among friends and neighbors will take a sizable impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as countries including Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Foristell?
Having an aggressive and effective Foristell, MO DWI lawyer on your team can be — and often is — the difference between being found guilty to DWI and facing all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Louis DWI lawyers fight tirelessly for all our Foristell, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Foristell DWI case the personal attention you deserve and craft a legal strategy that is made to get you the best outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s understandable to be nervous. Being pulled over by law enforcement for any traffic infraction is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having taken hundreds of Foristell-area DWI cases, our firm suggests that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DUI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own account of your Foristell DWI stop can greatly benefit your case and find potential inconsistencies between the police record and what actually occured. Police officers are mandated to follow a specific protocol in every DWI stop, and any wrong or skipped step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, too: courts have ruled that police can detain and search unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being hostile to a cop will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to heightened scrutiny. A little politeness is the best thing to do when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but nothing more. Cops are on the lookout for for any excuse to find probable cause and arrest you, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driving privileges for 12 months if you refuse a breathalyzer or blood test, this only is in effect after you have been taken into custody for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not consistent and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to place you under arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer immediately. Your conversation with an attorney is completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breathalyzer test at the station, any complications that came up during your stop, or other questions you might have can be the difference between spending time in jail and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Foristell, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first Foristell DWI offense could lead to these consequences under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Foristell, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include at least 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Regular, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative component in a Foristell, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Foristell-area drivers are not aware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, so long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you hire the Foristell, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can rest assured that our firm will take on both sides of your DWI case without delay and work tirelessly to reduce the consequences a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best results for our Foristell, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Foristell DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Foristell, MO, you are certainly well aware that time is money when dealing with your case. The quicker you can get an experienced Foristell DWI lawyer to look over documents, collect evidence, and build your case, the higher the chances are that the effects resulting from your Foristell DWI arrest will be greatly lowered, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Foristell-area residents of all kinds take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal acumen and aggressive litigation with a promise to provide personal service and communication that is unmatched among Foristell DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that regardless of what time it is, regardless of the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our promise of complete client satisfaction, which our former clients can attest to as well.
If you get pulled over and charged with DWI in the Foristell, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation and get the experienced Foristell DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.