DWI Lawyer Ferguson, MO
DWI Lawyer in Ferguson, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, particularly considering the likely repercussions for Ferguson, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance premiums, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Ferguson community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Ferguson, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Ferguson, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient Ferguson, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned Ferguson, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Ferguson, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm is committed to providing your Ferguson, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We devise a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible results for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Ferguson accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring total client satisfaction in every aspect of our service. When facing DWI charges near Ferguson, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Ferguson, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Ferguson, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Ferguson, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the Ferguson, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Ferguson, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Ferguson, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Ferguson, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Ferguson, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Ferguson, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Ferguson, MO
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Ferguson, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Ferguson, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Ferguson, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Ferguson, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Ferguson, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Ferguson, MO-area drivers may be unaware that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Ferguson, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Ferguson, MO at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will quickly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Ferguson police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built for success. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal outcomes for our Ferguson, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Ferguson area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Ferguson, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Ferguson, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Ferguson, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Ferguson DWI arrest will be greatly mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Ferguson, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Ferguson, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Ferguson, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial case review and put the experienced Ferguson, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.