DWI Lawyer Ellisville, MO
DWI Lawyer in Ellisville, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, especially considering the potential repercussions for Ellisville, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Ellisville community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Ellisville, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Ellisville. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Ellisville, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient DWI lawyer on your Ellisville, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Ellisville, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our clients throughout the Ellisville, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Ellisville, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Ellisville is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. When facing DWI charges near Ellisville, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Ellisville, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Ellisville, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Ellisville, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the Ellisville, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Ellisville, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Ellisville, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Ellisville, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Ellisville, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Ellisville, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Ellisville, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following repercussions under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Ellisville, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Ellisville, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Ellisville, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Ellisville, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect in a Ellisville, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Ellisville, MO area may be unaware that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Ellisville, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Ellisville, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will quickly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the Ellisville police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Ellisville, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Ellisville area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Ellisville, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Ellisville, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Ellisville, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Ellisville DWI arrest will be significantly mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous people in Ellisville, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Ellisville, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Ellisville, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial .