Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Ellisville, MO
DWI Lawyer in Ellisville, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is definitely one of the biggest worries a Ellisville-area motorist can have. Not only will you be prohibited from driving for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for years to come. To make matters worse, your reputation in the community will take a massive blow, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as nations such as Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Ellisville?
Having an effective and aggressive Ellisville, MO DWI lawyer in your corner can be — and often is — the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our veteran St. Louis DWI lawyers fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Ellisville, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for any moving violation or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Ellisville DWI case the personal attention you deserve and craft a legal strategy that is made to get you the best results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s logical to be nervous. Being pulled over by police for any traffic infraction is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” response, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried many Ellisville-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever stopped for DUI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, stop there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire interaction with your phone. Having your own account of your Ellisville DWI stop can greatly improve your case and identify potential inconsistencies between the police record and what really happened. Police officers are required to follow a specific protocol in every DWI stop, and any incorrect or overlooked step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, as well: judges have ruled that police can detain and search unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being hostile to a police officer will increase the likelihood that they will search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. A little politeness does you a lot of good when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but nothing more. Officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you elect not to take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only is in effect after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not consistent and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your chat with an attorney is entirely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, any complications that arose during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between paying substantial fines and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Ellisville, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are stiff. Even a first Ellisville DWI offense could lead to the following punishments under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Ellisville, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include no less than 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Ellisville, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Ellisville-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, so long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your original arrest. When you work with the Ellisville, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be sure that our firm will handle both components of your DWI case without delay and fight tirelessly to limit the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, go over the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting the best outcomes for our Ellisville, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Ellisville DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Ellisville, MO, you are definitely well aware that time is money when dealing with your case. The quicker you can get a skilled Ellisville DWI lawyer to review documents, collect evidence, and establish your case, the higher the chances are that the effects resulting from your Ellisville DWI arrest will be greatly lowered, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Ellisville-area residents from all backgrounds take on DWI accusations. Our firm combines first-rate legal acumen and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personal attention and communication that is unmatched among Ellisville DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and charged with DWI in the Ellisville, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and get the veteran Ellisville DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.