DWI Lawyer in Desloge, MO
DWI Lawyer in Desloge, MO. Getting pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is arguably one of the worst worries a Desloge-area motorist can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a hefty fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for the near future. To make matters worse, your reputation in the community will take a significant impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as nations including Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Desloge?
Having an aggressive and effective Desloge, MO DWI lawyer in your corner can —and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and facing all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Louis DWI lawyers fight tirelessly for all our Desloge, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for anything or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Desloge DWI case the personal attention you deserve and craft a legal strategy that is made to get you the best possible results.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you with no regard to any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s logical to be nervous. Being stopped by the cops for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” response, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having taken hundreds of Desloge-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you do the following if you are ever stopped for DUI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire interaction with your phone. Having your own account of your Desloge DWI stop can greatly benefit your case and identify potential differences between the police account and what really occured. Police officers are required to follow a set protocol in every DWI stop, and any missed or incorrect step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, too: courts have ruled that police can detain and search unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a cop will lower the odds that they will search your car or subject you to a higher level of scrutiny. A little politeness goes a long way when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Officers are on the lookout for for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driving privileges for one year if you do not take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been arrested for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to place you under arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your chat with an attorney is completely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breathalyzer test at the station, any complications that arose during your stop, or additional questions you might have can make the difference between spending time in jail and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Desloge, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are serious. Even a first Desloge DWI offense could lead to the following punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Desloge, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative portion of a Desloge, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Desloge-area drivers are not aware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, but only if that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you work with the Desloge, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can rest assured that our firm will handle both sides of your DWI case without delay and fight relentlessly to limit the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, go over the facts of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is designed to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best outcomes for our Desloge, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Desloge DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Desloge, MO, you are definitely cognizant that time is money when it comes to your case. The sooner you can get an experienced Desloge DWI lawyer to read documents, gather evidence, and craft your defense, the higher the chances are that the effects resulting from your Desloge DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped many Desloge-area residents from all backgrounds fight DWI charges. Our firm merges first-rate legal knowledge and aggressive litigation with a promise to provide personal service and communication that is unequaled among Desloge DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers vow that regardless of what time it is, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our commitment to 100% client satisfaction, which our former clients can speak to as well.
If you get pulled over and charged with DWI in the Desloge, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial document review and put the experienced Desloge DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.