DWI Lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO
DWI Lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, especially considering the potential repercussions for Creve Coeur, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance premiums, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Creve Coeur community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Creve Coeur, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Creve Coeur, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective Creve Coeur, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Creve Coeur, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Creve Coeur, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Creve Coeur, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Creve Coeur is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Creve Coeur, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Creve Coeur, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Creve Coeur, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous Creve Coeur, MO-area DWI cases, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Creve Coeur, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Creve Coeur, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Creve Coeur, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Creve Coeur, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Creve Coeur, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Creve Coeur, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Creve Coeur, MO
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in substantial consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Creve Coeur, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Creve Coeur, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in Creve Coeur, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Creve Coeur, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Creve Coeur, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Creve Coeur, MO area do not know that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Creve Coeur, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Creve Coeur, MO at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will promptly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential discrepancies in the Creve Coeur police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal outcomes for our Creve Coeur, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Creve Coeur area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Creve Coeur, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Creve Coeur, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Creve Coeur, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Creve Coeur DWI arrest will be greatly mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Creve Coeur, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Creve Coeur, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Creve Coeur, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial .