DWI Lawyer Clayton, MO
DWI Lawyer in Clayton, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst fears a Clayton, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Clayton, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Clayton, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Clayton. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Clayton, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective DWI lawyer on your Clayton, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Clayton, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our clients throughout the Clayton, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm is committed to providing your Clayton, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Clayton is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Clayton, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Clayton, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Clayton, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous Clayton, MO-area DWI cases, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI near Clayton, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Clayton, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Clayton, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Clayton, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Clayton, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Clayton, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Clayton, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Clayton, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Clayton, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Clayton, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many forms of law, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Clayton, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet of a DWI case in Clayton, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages your license revocation or suspension. Many drivers in the Clayton, MO area do not know that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Clayton, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Clayton, MO at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will promptly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Clayton police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Clayton, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Clayton area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Clayton, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Clayton, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Clayton, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Clayton DWI arrest will be significantly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Clayton, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a dedication to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Clayton, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Clayton, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Clayton, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.