DWI Lawyer in Clarkson Valley, MO
DWI Lawyer in Clarkson Valley, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is arguably one of the biggest worries a Clarkson Valley-area driver can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a significant fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the community will take a significant impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as nations including Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Clarkson Valley?
Having an effective and aggressive Clarkson Valley, MO DWI lawyer on your team can —and often does — make the difference between being found guilty to DWI and facing all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned St. Louis DWI lawyers fight fiercely for all our Clarkson Valley, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for anything or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Clarkson Valley DWI case the personal attention you deserve and create a legal strategy that is made to get you the best possible outcome.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s understandable to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any traffic infraction is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having taken a substantial number of Clarkson Valley-area DWI cases, our firm requests that you follow these steps if you are ever pulled over for DUI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, stop there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire encounter with your phone. Having your own account of your Clarkson Valley DWI stop can greatly help your case and find potential inconsistencies between the police record and what actually happened. Police officers are required to follow a set protocol in every DWI stop, and any wrong or skipped step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, as well: judges have ruled that police can search and detain unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a law enforcement officer will increase the likelihood that they will search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. A little politeness does you a lot of good when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Cops are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and take you into custody, so do not give them one.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driving privileges for 12 months if you elect not to take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a method for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your chat with an attorney is completely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a BAC test at the station, any complications that came up during your stop, or additional questions you might have can be the difference between paying substantial fines and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Clarkson Valley, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are serious. Even a first Clarkson Valley DWI offense could lead to these consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Clarkson Valley, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include at least 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative component in a Clarkson Valley, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Clarkson Valley-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, but only if that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you hire the Clarkson Valley, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can rest assured that our firm will handle both halves of your DWI case urgently and work hard to limit the consequences a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential problems in the police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best outcomes for our Clarkson Valley, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Clarkson Valley DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Clarkson Valley, MO, you are definitely cognizant that timing is critical when dealing with your case. The quicker you can get an experienced Clarkson Valley DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and establish your defense, the higher the chances are that the effects resulting from your Clarkson Valley DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped a large number of Clarkson Valley-area residents of all kinds take on DWI charges. Our firm combines best-in-class legal acumen and hard-nosed litigation with a promise to provide personal attention and communication that is unequaled among Clarkson Valley DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal matter. This is part of our promise of complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Clarkson Valley, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial document review and put the veteran Clarkson Valley DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.