DWI Lawyer Chesterfield, MO
DWI Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience, especially considering the likely repercussions for Chesterfield, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Chesterfield community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Chesterfield, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Chesterfield. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Chesterfield, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective Chesterfield, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Chesterfield, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our clients throughout the Chesterfield, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Chesterfield, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Chesterfield is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Chesterfield, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Chesterfield, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Chesterfield, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous Chesterfield, MO-area DWI cases, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI in the Chesterfield, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Chesterfield, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Chesterfield, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Chesterfield, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Chesterfield, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Chesterfield, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Chesterfield, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Chesterfield, MO legal team makes sure that the citizens of Chesterfield, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Chesterfield, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Chesterfield, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Chesterfield, MO pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages your license revocation or suspension. Many Chesterfield, MO-area drivers may be unaware that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Chesterfield, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Chesterfield, MO at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the Chesterfield police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Chesterfield, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Chesterfield area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Chesterfield, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Chesterfield, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Chesterfield, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Chesterfield DWI arrest will be significantly reduced, if not eliminated.
For numerous individuals in Chesterfield, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Chesterfield, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will promptly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Chesterfield, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Chesterfield, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.