DWI Lawyer in Cedar Hill, MO
DWI Lawyer in Cedar Hill, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience, particularly considering the likely repercussions for Cedar Hill, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Cedar Hill community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Cedar Hill, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Cedar Hill, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective Cedar Hill, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Cedar Hill, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Cedar Hill, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your Cedar Hill, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We devise a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending Cedar Hill residents accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every aspect of our service. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Cedar Hill, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your Cedar Hill, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Cedar Hill, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Cedar Hill, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Cedar Hill, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Cedar Hill, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Cedar Hill, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Cedar Hill, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in Cedar Hill, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Cedar Hill, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Cedar Hill, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Cedar Hill, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Cedar Hill, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in Cedar Hill, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Cedar Hill, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Cedar Hill, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Cedar Hill, MO area may be unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Cedar Hill, MO.
When you hire the Cedar Hill, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will quickly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Cedar Hill police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Cedar Hill, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Cedar Hill area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Cedar Hill, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Cedar Hill, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Cedar Hill, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Cedar Hill will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Cedar Hill, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a commitment to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Cedar Hill, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Cedar Hill, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial .