DWI Lawyer Brentwood, MO
DWI Lawyer in Brentwood, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst experiences a Brentwood, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Brentwood, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Brentwood, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Brentwood. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Brentwood, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and proficient DWI lawyer on your Brentwood, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and reaching a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Brentwood, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our clients throughout the Brentwood, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your Brentwood, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible results for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Brentwood accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring total client satisfaction in every aspect of our service. When facing DWI charges near Brentwood, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Brentwood, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Brentwood, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Brentwood, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI near Brentwood, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Brentwood, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Brentwood, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Brentwood, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Brentwood, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Brentwood, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Brentwood, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Brentwood, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Brentwood, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in Brentwood, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Brentwood, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component in a Brentwood, MO DWI case has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Brentwood, MO area may not be aware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Brentwood, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Brentwood, MO at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential discrepancies in the Brentwood police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Brentwood, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Brentwood area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Brentwood, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Brentwood, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Brentwood, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Brentwood DWI arrest will be significantly reduced, if not eliminated.
For numerous people in Brentwood, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Brentwood, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Brentwood, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Brentwood, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.