Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Bowling Green, MO
DWI Lawyer in Bowling Green, MO. Getting pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is definitely one of the biggest fears a Bowling Green-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for the near future. To make matters worse, your image among friends and neighbors will take a sizable hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as countries such as Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Bowling Green?
Having an aggressive and effective Bowling Green, MO DWI lawyer in your corner can be — and often is — the difference between being found guilty to DWI and suffering all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our veteran St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly on behalf of all our Bowling Green, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for any moving violation or if you have previous DWIs on your record, our firm will give your Bowling Green DWI case the personal attention you expect and plan a legal strategy that is made to get you the best possible results.
Our track record of success for those accused of DWI is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s understandable to be nervous. Being stopped by police for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Bowling Green-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you follow these steps if you are ever stopped for DWI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire encounter with your phone. Having your own record of your Bowling Green DWI stop can greatly improve your case and identify potential discrepancies between the police account and what actually occured. Police officers are required to follow a set protocol in every DWI stop, and any incorrect or overlooked action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, as well: judges have ruled that police can search and detain unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite is the best thing to do when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but do not give them anything else. Officers are on the lookout for for any excuse to find probable cause and take you into custody, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driver’s license for one year if you do not take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to take you into custody.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer immediately. Your discussion with an attorney is 100% privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breathalyzer test at the precinct, any issues that arose during your stop, or other questions you might have can be the difference between paying substantial fines and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Bowling Green, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first Bowling Green DWI offense could lead to these punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Bowling Green, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Bowling Green, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Bowling Green-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you hire the Bowling Green, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will take on both sides of your DWI case without delay and work relentlessly to reduce the consequences a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, go over the details of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting the best outcomes for our Bowling Green, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Bowling Green DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Bowling Green, MO, you are definitely well aware that time is of the essence when it comes to your case. The quicker you can get a skilled Bowling Green DWI lawyer to read documents, collect evidence, and craft your defense, the higher the chances are that the consequences resulting from your Bowling Green DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped a large number of Bowling Green-area residents from all backgrounds fight DWI charges. Our firm melds best-in-class legal knowledge and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personal attention and communication that is unmatched among Bowling Green DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal matter. This is part of our commitment to total client satisfaction, which our former clients can speak to as well.
If you get pulled over and charged with DWI in the Bowling Green, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial document review and get the experienced Bowling Green DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group on your case.