DWI Lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO
DWI Lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst fears a Bonne Terre, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Bonne Terre, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Bonne Terre, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Bonne Terre. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Bonne Terre, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and proficient DWI lawyer on your Bonne Terre, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Bonne Terre, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our Bonne Terre, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your Bonne Terre, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Bonne Terre is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Bonne Terre, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Bonne Terre, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Bonne Terre, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Bonne Terre, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI near Bonne Terre, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Bonne Terre, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Bonne Terre, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Bonne Terre, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Bonne Terre, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Bonne Terre, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Bonne Terre, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Bonne Terre, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Bonne Terre, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Bonne Terre, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Bonne Terre, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing potential penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component in a Bonne Terre, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Many Bonne Terre, MO-area drivers may be unaware that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Bonne Terre, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Bonne Terre, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Bonne Terre police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built for success. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Bonne Terre, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Bonne Terre area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Bonne Terre, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Bonne Terre, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Bonne Terre, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Bonne Terre DWI arrest will be significantly mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Bonne Terre, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Bonne Terre, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Bonne Terre, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Bonne Terre, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.