Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Bel-Nor, MO
DWI Lawyer in Bel-Nor, MO. Getting pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is definitely one of the worst worries a Bel-Nor-area driver can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a hefty fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for the near future. Even worse, your image in the community will take a sizable blow, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as nations such as Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Bel-Nor?
Having an aggressive and effective Bel-Nor, MO DWI lawyer in your corner can be — and often is — the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and facing all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly on behalf of all our Bel-Nor, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for any moving violation or if you have previous DWIs on your record, our firm will give your Bel-Nor DWI case the personal attention you deserve and craft a legal strategy that is made to get you the best outcome.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s understandable to be nervous. Being pulled over by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” response, and this is only heightened when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Bel-Nor-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you do the following if you are ever stopped for DWI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, stop there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own account of your Bel-Nor DWI stop can greatly help your case and highlight potential discrepancies between the police report and what actually occured. Police officers are mandated to follow a specific protocol in every DWI stop, and any wrong or skipped action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, as well: courts have ruled that police can detain and search unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a cop will lower the odds that they will search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. A little politeness does you a lot of good when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but nothing more. Cops are on the lookout for for any excuse to find probable cause and arrest you, so do not give them one.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breathalyzer test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driving privileges for 12 months if you refuse a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are not consistent and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to place you under arrest.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer immediately. Your conversation with an attorney is 100% privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, any complications that came up during your stop, or additional questions you might have can be the difference between paying substantial fines and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Bel-Nor, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are serious. Even a first Bel-Nor DWI offense could lead to the following punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Bel-Nor, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include no less than 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Bel-Nor, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Bel-Nor-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, so long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your original arrest. When you hire the Bel-Nor, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both halves of your DWI case urgently and work relentlessly to limit the consequences a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the details of your case, identify potential problems in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is designed to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting optimal outcomes for our Bel-Nor, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Bel-Nor DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Bel-Nor, MO, you are definitely well aware that timing is critical when dealing with your case. The quicker you can get an experienced Bel-Nor DWI lawyer to read documents, gather evidence, and craft your defense, the higher the chances are that the punishments resulting from your Bel-Nor DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped a large number of Bel-Nor-area residents of all kinds fight DWI accusations. Our firm combines top-notch legal acumen and combative litigation with a pledge to provide personal attention and communication that is unmatched among Bel-Nor DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that regardless of what time it is, regardless of the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our promise of total client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Bel-Nor, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial document review and put the veteran Bel-Nor DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.