DWI Lawyer Bel-Nor, MO
DWI Lawyer in Bel-Nor, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst experiences a Bel-Nor, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Bel-Nor, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Bel-Nor, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Bel-Nor. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Bel-Nor, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient Bel-Nor, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned Bel-Nor, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our Bel-Nor, MO area DWI clients. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Bel-Nor, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Bel-Nor is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Bel-Nor, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your Bel-Nor, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Bel-Nor, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Bel-Nor, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI near Bel-Nor, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Bel-Nor, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Bel-Nor, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Bel-Nor, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in Bel-Nor, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Bel-Nor, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Bel-Nor, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Bel-Nor, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Bel-Nor, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Bel-Nor, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Bel-Nor, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect in a Bel-Nor, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Bel-Nor, MO area may be unaware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Bel-Nor, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Bel-Nor, MO at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the Bel-Nor police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Bel-Nor, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Bel-Nor area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Bel-Nor, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Bel-Nor, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Bel-Nor, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Bel-Nor will be substantially reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Bel-Nor, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Bel-Nor, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Bel-Nor, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Bel-Nor, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.