DWI Lawyer in Arnold, MO
DWI Lawyer in Arnold, MO. Being pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is arguably one of the worst fears a Arnold-area motorist can have. Not only will you be prohibited from driving for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for the near future. Even worse, your reputation in the community will take a sizable hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be curtailed, as countries including Canada prevent travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Arnold?
Having an effective and aggressive Arnold, MO DWI lawyer in your corner can —and often does — make the difference between being found guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our veteran St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly for all our Arnold, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Arnold DWI case the personal attention you expect and plan a legal strategy that is built to get you the optimal outcome.
Our record of success for those facing DWI charges is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s natural to be nervous. Being pulled over by police for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Arnold-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever stopped for DWI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, stop there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own account of your Arnold DWI stop can greatly help your case and identify potential inconsistencies between the police report and what really happened. Police officers are required to follow a specific protocol in every DWI stop, and any missed or incorrect action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a password, as well: courts have ruled that police can search and detain unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a cop will increase the likelihood that they will search your car or subject you to a higher level of scrutiny. Kindness goes a long way when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but don’t give them any other information. Officers are on the lookout for for any reason to find probable cause and take you into custody, so do not give them one.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driver’s license for 12 months if you elect not to take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer as soon as you can. Your discussion with an attorney is entirely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, any complications that came up during your stop, or further questions you might have can be the difference between paying substantial fines and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Arnold, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal sentences for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are serious. Even a first Arnold DWI offense could lead to these punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Arnold, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include at least 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative portion of a Arnold, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Arnold-area drivers are unaware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, so long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you hire the Arnold, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will take on both parts of your DWI case urgently and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will obtain evidence, look at the details of your case, identify potential holes in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Arnold, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Arnold DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Arnold, MO, you are certainly cognizant that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The quicker you can get an experienced Arnold DWI lawyer to review documents, collect evidence, and craft your defense, the higher the chances are that the consequences resulting from your Arnold DWI arrest will be greatly lowered, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Arnold-area residents of all kinds take on DWI accusations. Our firm melds top-notch legal acumen and combative litigation with a promise to provide personal service and communication that is unmatched among Arnold DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and charged with DWI in the Arnold, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation and put the veteran Arnold DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.