DWI Lawyer Affton, MO
DWI Lawyer in Affton, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, especially considering the potential repercussions for Affton, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Affton community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Affton, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Affton. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Affton, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient DWI lawyer on your Affton, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Affton, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Affton, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Affton, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Affton is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. When facing DWI charges near Affton, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Affton, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Affton, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Affton, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI near Affton, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Affton, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Affton, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Affton, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Affton, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Affton, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Affton, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Affton, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Affton, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in Affton, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Affton, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing potential penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet of a DWI case in Affton, MO has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Affton, MO-area drivers may not be aware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Affton, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Affton, MO at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will quickly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the Affton police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built for success. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Affton, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Affton area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Affton, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Affton, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Affton, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Affton will be substantially reduced, if not eliminated.
For numerous people in Affton, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a dedication to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Affton, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will promptly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Affton, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial .