Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Truesdale, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Truesdale, MO. We love our pet dogs and may even go so far as to call them members of our family or fellow staff members. Many of us have dogs at home in Truesdale, MO and we get a lot of joy from spending time with them. However, dogs are still animals and do not have the ability to verbally communicate to us how they feel or what they are thinking. Whether they felt threatened, were sick or for one reason or another were prompted to act on their instincts to attack, when a dog bites you, you should be compensated. Though we have a number of laws in Truesdale and Missouri and recommendations responsible pet owners can follow to prevent dogs from attacking humans, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still happen in Truesdale, MO. When you or someone you know becomes the victim of a dog bite, it is our job to ensure that you get a fair recovery.
If your or your family member has been harmed by a dog that bit, call Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our Truesdale, MO dog bite injury lawyers represent each case fervently and with great care and dedication. You did nothing to deserve to be injured and you should not have to deal with the consequences on your own. Missouri law provides a path for you to collect a complete financial recovery for the damages and losses you have experienced as a result of your injuries, but in order to collect a fair settlement, you are going to need help from a skilled Truesdale, MO dob bite injury lawyer. Our distinguished team of attorneys have the experience and resources to get you full compensation that will restore you after been harmed. Discuss your Truesdale, MO case with Combs Law Group for free today. Begin by contacting us now.
What compensation can I get with the help of a dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO?
Each Truesdale, MO dog bite injury claim is unique and you are likely to have a number of questions running through your mind after being injured by a dog. The value of a dog bite claim in Truesdale, MO could be anywhere from $10,000 in bites that cause minor but demonstrable injuries to well over $100,000 for bites that result in severe, permanent damage and expensive medical bills. However, to truly understand the possible settlement amount you can expect to receive in your Truesdale, MO dog bite injuries, you must speak to a qualified St. Louis dog bite injury lawyer like the attorneys of Combs Law Group. Your compensation depends, in addition to other factors, on the extent of the damages or losses you have experienced.
Damages you can recover in a dog bite injury case in Truesdale, MO include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Treatment costs
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The total sum you collect is determined by a combination of many variables, including whether or not you hire a lawyer in Truesdale, MO. It is important to note that a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO will not take on your case unless we can add value, meaning we will not agree to work for you unless we believe we can help you recover more money than you would be able to recover by yourself. This includes the contingency-fee-basis on which we operate, which means that Combs Law Group will not bill you for anything unless your Truesdale, MO dog bite injury lawyer wins your case. Then, at the end of the case, we collect a percent of your full settlement. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the Truesdale, MO area offer our dedicated representation at no out-of-pocket costs to you. There is no reason not to speak to our Truesdale, MO dog bite injury lawyer team about your case to find out if we can help.
How much is my case worth if I hire a dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO?
The average dog bite injury settlement is about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that cause permanent scarring and disfigurement settle for closer to $100,000 and permanent disabilities caused by dog bites can settle for over $200,000.
While we wish we could promise an exact number, these averages do not guarantee anything for your particular case outcome. In order to understand the complexities of your unique case and learn what to expect from your recovery, it is important that you talk to a dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO about your case. Turn to the Truesdale, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and ask us for a free review of your dog bite injury case today.
Factors That Influence the Value of a Dog Bite Case
The settlement you receive in your dog bite case depends on factors like:
- You have scarring or are disfigured as a result of the dog bite.
- The dog bite has made you permanently disabled.
- You need emergency medical care due to your dog bite injuries.
- You had to receive surgery or other significant medical treatments for your injuries.
- You suffered psychological harm from the dog bite incident that required professional mental health treatment.
These are all facts of your case that your Combs Law Truesdale, MO dog bite injury lawyer will investigate and prove without question. We put the full weight of our resources behind obtaining evidence, evaluating liability and building an infallible case to get you an excellent outcome in your Truesdale, MO dog bite injury claim.
Beyond the situation surrounding the accident and the severity of your injuries, the total compensation your Truesdale, MO dog bite injury lawyer can get you is also related to other factors, such as:
- What party or parties are liable for the dog bite
- The liable party’s insurance coverage policy limits
- The sum of the economic damages you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the total cost of all of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer assesses and calculates the value of your non-economic damages
- The ability of your dog bite injury lawyer to negotiate a settlement for your case
On average, settlements in personal injury claims like dog attacks are threefold for victims who hire a dog bite injury lawyer for representation than for plaintiffs in dog bite cases who try to reach a settlement on their own. Find out if Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement for your Truesdale, MO dog bite injuries by reaching us at (314) 900-HELP today to ask an experienced Truesdale, MO dog bite injury lawyer about your case.
Truesdale, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Determining Liability
In order to get a complete settlement that can help you move forward in life after the losses you have suffered following a dog bite incident, you will need a dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO you can trust to help you figure out who to file a claim against and who, in turn, is responsible for your damages.
Liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case describes who is at fault for your damages. With a Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO, you have a professional who is well-acquainted with Missouri law and has first-hand experience with a variety of situations regarding liability in personal injury cases including dog bite injuries. We help you hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the losses you have suffered.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 makes our state one that practices strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity assigns legal accountability to a party — in this case, the dog owner — regardless of their intention or whether there was fault. That means that your Truesdale, MO dog bite injury attorney does not necessarily have to demonstrate that the dog owner was negligent or had the dog attack you on purpose. To win your Missouri dog bite injury case, you only need to show that you were injured and that the owner’s dog bit you. In more certain terms, the Missouri statute lays out that the Truesdale or Missouri dog bite owner is legally responsible for your injuries if:
- you were injured as a result of a dog bite;
- you were on the property lawfully when you were bitten (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did not provoke the dog to attack.
If you were not trespassing and a dog bit you unprovoked, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO will work to get you a fair recovery in your strict liability claim against the owner of the dog, and typically it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that will cover the cost of your damages. However, there may be other types of liability and parties who are to blame for your dog bite injures, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either in their actions or failure to act, in upholding their duty of care to you. Someone who allows a dog to run free through the neighborhood unsupervised or does not put their large, aggressive dog away when strangers or children visit their home could be seen as negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer can fight to hold them accountable in a negligence case. A property owner or landlord could be partly liable for your injuries in they knew or should have known about a broken latch on the gate to a normally fenced-in yard and failed to fix it, allowing a dog to get out and attack.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se is when a party is legally liable by the act of breaking a law. Rather than comparing the defendant’s behavior to that of a reasonable person in the same situation, your Truesdale, MO dog bite lawyer can show that the person is liable for your injuries because of the simple fact that they broke a law that was meant to protect you. For example, some towns and municipalities have laws in place mandating that people keep dogs on leashes while off their own property or ban dogs from being on others’ properties without the property owner’s permission. If the person looking after or responsible for the dog violated one of these rules and their dog bit you, ask your attorney about a possible case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite injuries?
Due to the possibility of additional claims of negligence outside of Missouri’s strict liability policy, you may have a case against other defendants in addition to the owner of the dog. Depending on considerations such as who was involved, where the bite happened, and how the parties behaved, your dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO may identify additional responsible inidividuals in your Truesdale, MO dog bite case, such as:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Places of business where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or someone you love were bitten by a dog but you believe that someone beyond the owner is to blame, or that the owner has more blame than strict liability covers, act right away and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group is equipped with a team of exceptional Truesdale, MO dog bite injury attorneys willing to fight for your recovery and hold the right parties accountable. You did not deserve to be attacked or harmed, and you should be allowed to recover through all avenues of compensation available to you under Missouri law. The legal team at Combs Law Group will get you the recovery you deserve. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our Truesdale, MO attorneys can help you seek justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Truesdale, Missouri: Talk to a Lawyer Today
When you or a loved one are suddenly thrown off course by way of an unexpected dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in Truesdale, MO with Combs Law Group will work hard to bring you justice. A dog bite can be quite traumatic, and the physical and psychological injuries it leaves can affect your life in profound, unrelenting ways. Give yourself a chance to be made whole again by consulting with an accomplished Truesdale, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we are here to demand that you are justly compensated after suffering the harm of something like a dog bite attack. After you or someone you love have been injured by a dog bite, call Combs Law Group right away at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message to learn how we can help you with your case.
Local Dog Bite Injury Lawyer