Dog Bite Injury Lawyer St. James, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer St. James, MO. We love our pet dogs and may even go so far as to call them members of our family or fellow staff members. A lot of us have pet dogs in St. James, MO and interacting with any dog can bring us a lot of joy. However, dogs are animals and cannot communicate with us verbally. When a dog bites for whatever reason — they felt unsafe, were sick or in pain or were otherwise spurred to act on their instinct to attack — and you are hurt, you should be compensated. Though we have a number of laws in St. James and Missouri and recommendations responsible pet owners can follow to prevent dogs from attacking humans, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still take place in St. James, MO. When it happens to you or a loved one, we hare here to ensure that you get a fair recovery.
If your or your family member has been harmed by a dog that bit, contact Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our St. James, MO dog bite injury lawyers handle each case with compassion and fervor. You did not deserve to be injured and it would be unjust to leave you to deal with the consequences on your own. Our laws in Missouri offer you a path for recourse to recover full compensation for the full extent of the losses you have suffered as a result of the attack, but for a chance to collect just compensation, you are going to need help from a skilled St. James, MO dob bite injury lawyer. Our team of competitive attorneys have the experience and resources to get you full compensation that will restore you after been harmed. Review your St. James, MO case with Combs Law Group for free today. Begin your recovery by contacting us now.
What compensation can I get with the help of a dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO?
Each St. James, MO dog bite injury claim is unique and it is normal to experience anxiety and uncertainly about your case after a dog hurts you. The value of a dog bite claim in St. James, MO could be anywhere from $10,000 in bites that cause minor but evident injuries to well over $100,000 for bites that cause severe, long-term damage and costly medical bills. Remember, though, that to find out what kind of settlement you can recover in your St. James, MO dog bite case, speak to a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO about your case. Your compensation depends, in addition to other factors, on the extent of the damages or losses you have experienced.
Damages you can recover in your St. James, MO dog bite injury case include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Costs of treatment
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The total sum you collect depends greatly on many factors, including whether you hire an experienced St. James, MO lawyer. It is important to note that a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO will only agree to represent you if they can add value to your case and help you recover more than you could by yourself. This also takes into account our contingency-fee model, which means that Combs Law Group will not bill you for anything unless your St. James, MO dog bite injury lawyer wins your case. At that point, we accept payment through a percentage of your total settlement once you receive your payment. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the St. James, MO area offer our dedicated representation at no out-of-pocket costs to you. There is no reason not to speak to our St. James, MO dog bite injury lawyer team about your case to find out if we can help.
How much can I get for my case with a dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO?
The average dog bite injury settlement is about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that cause permanent scarring and disfigurement settle for closer to $100,000 and dog bites that result in permanent disability can result in settlements of over $200,000.
While we wish we could promise an exact number, these averages do not guarantee anything for your particular case outcome. Because your recovery depends on the unique circumstances and characteristics of your individual case, it is important that you speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO. Turn to the St. James, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and ask us for a free review of your dog bite injury case now.
Factors That Influence Your Settlement in a Dog Bite Case
The following factors determine the value of your case:
- You have scarring or are disfigured as a result of the dog bite.
- Your injuries have caused permanent disability.
- You need emergency medical care due to your dog bite injuries.
- You had to receive surgery or other significant medical treatments for your injuries.
- You suffered psychological harm from the dog bite incident that required professional mental health treatment.
These are all facts of your case that your Combs Law St. James, MO dog bite injury lawyer will investigate and prove without question. We put the full weight of our resources behind trracking down evidence, evaluating liability and building an infallible case to get you an excellent result in your St. James, MO dog bite injury claim.
In addition to the circumstances of the accident and the extent of your injuries, the total sum your St. James, MO dog bite injury lawyer can get you will also depend on other factors, such as:
- What party or parties are liable for the dog bite
- The liable party’s insurance coverage policy limits
- The sum of the economic damages you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the total cost of all of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer assesses and calculates your non-economic damages
- The ability of your dog bite injury lawyer to negotiate a settlement for your case
On average, settlements in dog bite attacks and other personal injury cases are around three times higher for plaintiffs who hire a dog bite injury lawyer for representation than for those in dog bite cases who try to settle their case without legal representation. Discover how Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement for your St. James, MO dog bite injuries by calling us at (314) 900-HELP today to ask an experienced St. James, MO dog bite injury lawyer about your case.
St. James, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Determining Liability
To settle your case at a sum that can help you move forward in life after the losses you have suffered following a dog bite incident, you will need to work with your St. James, MO dog bite injury lawyer to figure out who to file a claim against and who, in turn, is responsible for your damages.
Liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case describes who is responsible for your damages. A knowledgeable dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO with Combs Law Group knows Missouri law and has seen many different situations regarding liability in dog bites and other personal injury cases. We will make sure we hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the damages you have experienced.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 puts into effect a practice of strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity assigns legal accountability to a party — in this case, the dog owner — regardless of fault or intention. That means that your St. James, MO dog bite injury attorney does not necessarily have to prove that the dog owner was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. In your Missouri dog bite injury case, you only need to show that you were injured and it was the owner’s dog that injured you. In more certain terms, the Missouri statute lays out that the St. James or Missouri dog bite owner is liable for your injuries if:
- you were injured by a dog bite;
- you were on the property lawfully when you were bitten (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did not provoke the dog to attack.
If you were not trespassing and a dog bit you unprovoked, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO will use our expertise to get you a fair settlement in your strict liability claim against the owner of the dog, and typically it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that pays out the settlement for your damages. However, there may be other types of liability and parties who are to blame for your dog bite injures, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either in their actions or failure to act, in upholding their duty of care to you. Someone who lets their dog roam the neighborhood freely or fails to crate their anxious dog when they are expecting visitors to their home could be considered negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer can fight to hold them accountable in a negligence case. If a property owner or landlord was aware of but neglected to fix a broken fence and a tenant’s dog got out of the property and bit someone, the landlord may be negligent.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se is when a party is legally liable by the act of breaking a law. Rather than comparing the defendant’s behavior to that of a reasonable person in the same situation, your St. James, MO dog bite lawyer proves that the person is liable for your injuries by default because they broke a law that was meant to protect you. For example, some towns and municipalities have laws that require owners to keep their dogs on leashes or prohibit dogs from being on others’ properties without permission from the property owner. If the person in possession of the dog broke one of these rules and their dog bit you, ask your attorney about a possible case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite damages?
Due to the potential for negligence claims beyond Missouri’s strict liability policy, you may have a case against other parties in addition to the owner of the dog. Depending on considerations such as who was involved, where the bite happened, and what the parties in question did or did not do, your dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO may build a case against other inidividuals in your St. James, MO dog bite case, such as:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Businesses where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or someone you love have been injured in a dog bite incident but you believe that someone beyond the owner is to blame, or that the owner has more blame than strict liability covers, act right away and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group has a dedicated team of talented St. James, MO dog bite injury attorneys willing to fight for your recovery and hold the right parties accountable. You did nothing to deserve being attacked by a dog, and you should be allowed to recover through all avenues of compensation available to you under Missouri law. The legal team at Combs Law Group will get you a just recovery. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our St. James, MO attorneys can help you seek justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer St. James, Missouri: Talk to a Lawyer Now
After facing the unexpected tragedy of a dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in St. James, MO with Combs Law Group will work hard to bring you justice. A dog bite can be quite traumatic, and the physical and psychological injuries it leaves can have a significant impact on your life. You have a chance to receive the recovery you deserve by speaking to an accomplished St. James, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we are here to demand that you are justly compensated after suffering the harm of something like a dog bite attack. After being bitten and injured by a dog, call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message to learn how we can help you with your case.
Local Dog Bite Injury Lawyer