Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer St. Charles, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer St. Charles, MO. Dogs are beloved pets and, to some, even considered members of our family or fellow staff members. Many of us have dogs at home in St. Charles, MO and interacting with any dog can bring us a lot of joy. However, dogs are still animals and do not have the ability to verbally communicate to us how they feel or what they are thinking. When a dog bites for whatever reason — they felt unsafe, were sick or in pain or were otherwise spurred to act on their instinct to attack — and you are hurt, you should be compensated. Though we have a number of laws in St. Charles and Missouri and recommendations responsible pet owners can follow to prevent dogs from attacking humans, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still occur in St. Charles, MO. When you or someone you know becomes the victim of a dog bite, it is our job to help you recover fair compensation.
If your or your family member has been harmed by a dog that bit, contact Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our St. Charles, MO dog bite injury lawyers represent each case with compassion and fervor. You did nothing to deserve to be injured and it would be unjust to leave you to suffer the consequences on your own. Our laws in Missouri offer you a path for recourse to recover full compensation for the damages and losses you have suffered as a result of your injuries, but for a chance to receive just compensation, you will likely need an experienced St. Charles, MO dog bite injury lawyer fighting by your side. Our team of competitive attorneys have the skills and resources to get you full compensation that will restore you after been harmed. Discuss your St. Charles, MO case with Combs Law Group today in a complementary consultation today. Begin by reaching us now.About Us
What compensation can I get with the help of a dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO?
Each St. Charles, MO dog bite injury claim is different and you are likely to have a number of questions running through your mind after a dog hurts you. The amount in damages you could recover in your St. Charles, MO dog bite case ranges anywhere from $10,000 in bites that cause minor but demonstrable injuries to more than $100,000 for bites that cause more serious, long-term damage and costly medical bills. However, to truly understand the possible settlement amount you can recover for your St. Charles, MO dog bite case, speak to a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO about your case. Among other details, the amount of compensation you can recovery depends on how extensive and debilitating your injuries and other damages are.
Types of damages available in a dog bite injury case in St. Charles, MO include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Treatment costs
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The final dollar amount you recover depends greatly on a variety of variables, including whether or not you hire a lawyer in St. Charles, MO. It is important to note that a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO will only agree to represent you if they can add value to your case and help you recover more than you could on your own. This also takes into account the contingency-fee-basis on which we operate, which means that your Combs Law Group St. Charles, MO dog bite injury lawyer will not charge you anything unless we win your case. At that point, we accept payment through a percentage of your total settlement once you receive your payment. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the St. Charles, MO area provide quality legal support at no out-of-pocket costs to you. You have nothing to lose by contacting our St. Charles, MO dog bite injury lawyer team about your case to find out if we can help.
How much can I get for my case with a dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO?
The average dog bite injury settlement is about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that leave disfiguring scars could bring closer to $100,000 and dog bites that result in permanent disability can settle for over $200,000.
While we wish we could promise an exact number, these averages do not guarantee anything in your particular case. Because your recovery depends on the unique circumstances and characteristics of your individual case, it is important that you speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO. Turn to the St. Charles, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and ask us for a free review of your dog bite injury case today.
Factors That Influence the Value of a Dog Bite Case
The settlement you receive in your dog bite case depends on factors like:
- You have scarring or are disfigured as a result of the dog bite.
- The dog bite has made you permanently disabled.
- You need emergency medical care due to your dog bite injuries.
- Your injuries require you to undergo surgery or receive other extensive medical care.
- You required mental health treatment for the psychological injuries you suffered due to the dog bite.
When you hire Combs Law Group, your St. Charles, MO dog bite injury lawyer will remain committed to investigating and proving the statements above that apply in your case. We put the full weight of our resources behind collecting evidence, evaluating liability and building a strong argument to get you the best possible result in your St. Charles, MO dog bite injury claim.
Beyond the situation surrounding the accident and the extent of your injuries, the total compensation your St. Charles, MO dog bite injury lawyer can secure for you is also related to other factors, such as:
- Who is liable for the dog bite
- The insurance coverage policy limits
- The total economic losses you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the total cost of all of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer calculates your non-economic damages
- The ability of your dog bite injury lawyer to negotiate a settlement for your case
Average settlements in dog bite attacks and other personal injury cases are around three times higher for plaintiffs who hire a dog bite injury lawyer to represent them in their claim than for those who attempt to settle their case on their own. Find out if Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement for your St. Charles, MO dog bite injuries by calling us at (314) 900-HELP today to ask an experienced St. Charles, MO dog bite injury lawyer about your case.
St. Charles, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Determining Liability
To get a complete settlement that makes you whole after being harmed in a dog bite incident, you will need a dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO you can trust to help you determine who to file a claim against and who, in turn, is responsible for your damages.
The idea of liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case describes who is responsible for your losses. With a Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO, you have a professional who is well-acquainted with Missouri law and has first-hand experience with a variety of situations regarding liability in dog bites and other personal injury cases. We help you hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the losses you have suffered.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 puts into effect a practice of strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity is a legal policy that names a party accountable — in this case, the dog owner — irrespective of their intention or whether there was fault. That means that your St. Charles, MO dog bite injury attorney does not need to demonstrate that the dog owner was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. In your Missouri dog bite injury case, you only need to show that you were injured and that the owner’s dog bit you. Specifically, the Missouri statute lays out that the St. Charles or Missouri dog bite owner is liable for your injuries if:
- you were injured as a result of a dog bite;
- you were on public property or were on a private property legally (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did not provoke the dog to attack.
If you were not trespassing and a dog bit you unprovoked, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO will use our expertise to get you an excellent settlement in your strict liability claim against the dog’s owner, and typically it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that pays out the settlement for your damages. However, you may have claims against other parties under other types of liability standards, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either through an action or omission, in their duty to keep you safe. Someone who lets their dog roam the neighborhood freely or fails to crate their anxious dog when strangers or children visit their home could be considered negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer will diligently hold them accountable in a negligence case. A property owner or landlord could be partly liable for your injuries in they knew or should have known about a broken latch on the gate to a normally fenced-in yard and failed to fix it, allowing a dog to get out and attack.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se refers to liability that is assigned automatically through the act of breaking a law. Rather than proving that the defendant did not act with care as a reasonable person would, your St. Charles, MO dog bite lawyer proves that the defendant is liable for your injuries by default because they broke a law that was meant to protect you. For example, some towns and municipalities have laws that require owners to keep their dogs on leashes or ban dogs from being on others’ properties without permission from the property owner. If the person in possession of the dog violated one of these rules and that dog bit you, ask your attorney about a possible case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite injury?
Because of the potential for negligence claims outside of the strict liability statute in Missouri, you may have a case against other parties other than the owner of the dog. Depending on the circumstances of who was involved, where the bite happened, and what the parties in question did or did not do, your dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO may identify additional responsible parties in your St. Charles, MO dog bite case, like:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Businesses where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or someone you love have been injured in a dog bite incident and you suspect that someone beyond the owner is to blame, or that the owner has more blame than strict liability covers, act right away and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group is equipped with a dedicated team of talented St. Charles, MO dog bite injury attorneys willing to fight for your recovery and hold the right parties accountable. You did nothing to deserve being attacked by a dog, and you should be made whole through all avenues of compensation Missouri law provides. The legal team at Combs Law Group will get you a just recovery. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our St. Charles, MO attorneys have the skill and experience necessary to bring you justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
- Juvenile Defense Attorney
- Sex Crimes Attorney
- Federal Criminal Lawyer Near Me
- DUI Attorney Near Me
- Criminal Attorney
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer St. Charles, Missouri: Hire a Lawyer Today
After facing the unexpected tragedy of a dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO with Combs Law Group can help you seek justice. A dog bite can be quite traumatic, and the physical and psychological injuries it leaves can have a significant impact on your life. Give yourself a chance to receive the recovery you deserve by consulting with an accomplished St. Charles, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we are here to demand that you are justly compensated when a life-changing incident such as a dog attack causes you harm. After you or someone you love have been injured by a dog bite, call Combs Law Group right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach us online to discover how we can help you with your case.