Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Hallsville, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Hallsville, MO. We love our pet dogs and may even go so far as to call them family members or honorary coworkers. Many of us have dogs at home in Hallsville, MO and interacting with any dog can bring us a lot of joy. However, dogs are still animals and cannot communicate with us verbally. When a dog bites for whatever reason — they felt unsafe, were sick or in pain or were otherwise spurred to act on their instinct to attack — and you are hurt, you should be given a recovery. There are Hallsville and Missouri laws in place and many things responsible pet owners can do to mitigate the risk of an attack, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still occur in Hallsville, MO. When you or someone you know becomes the victim of a dog bite, it is our job to ensure that you get a fair recovery.
If your or your family member has been harmed by a dog that bit, contact Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyers represent each case fervently and with great care and dedication. You did not deserve to be injured and you should not have to suffer the consequences on your own. Our laws in Missouri offer you a path for recourse to collect a complete financial recovery for the full extent of the losses you have experienced because of your injuries, but for a chance to receive just compensation, you are going to need help from a skilled Hallsville, MO dob bite injury lawyer. Our distinguished team of attorneys have the experience and resources to get you full compensation that will restore you after been harmed. Review your Hallsville, MO case with Combs Law Group today in a complementary consultation today. Start by reaching us now.
What compensation can my Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyer help me receive?
Every Hallsville, MO dog bite injury claim is different and it is normal to have a number of questions running through your mind after a dog hurts you. The amount in damages you could recover in your Hallsville, MO dog bite case ranges anywhere from $10,000 in bites that cause minor but demonstrable injuries to easily over $100,000 for bites that cause severe, permanent damage and expensive medical care. Remember, though, that to find out the possible settlement amount you can recover in your Hallsville, MO dog bite claim, speak to a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO about your case. Among other outside variables, the amount of compensation you can recovery depends on the extent of the damages or losses you have experienced.
Damages you can recover in your Hallsville, MO dog bite injury case include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Costs of treatment
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The total sum you collect depends greatly on many variables, including whether you hire an experienced Hallsville, MO lawyer. Remember that a dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO like a member of the Combs Law Group team will not take on your case unless we can add value, meaning we will not agree to work for you unless we believe we can help you recover more money than you would be able to recover by yourself. This includes our contingency-fee model, which means that Combs Law Group will not bill you for anything unless your Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyer wins your case. At that point, we accept payment through a percentage of your total settlement once you receive your payment. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the Hallsville, MO area offer our dedicated representation at no out-of-pocket costs to you. You have nothing to lose by contacting our Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyer team to discuss your case and learn how we can help.
How much can I get for my case with a dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO?
On average, a victim in a dog bite injury case can recover about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that leave disfiguring scars could bring closer to $100,000 and dog bites that result in permanent disability can result in settlements of over $200,000.
Unfortunately, these numbers are not guarantees in your particular case. Because your recovery depends on the unique circumstances and characteristics of your individual case, it is important that you speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO. Turn to the Hallsville, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and ask us for a free review of your dog bite injury case today.
Factors That Affect Your Settlement in a Dog Bite Case
Factors related to the dog bite that can affect the value of your claim include:
- You have scarring or are disfigured as a result of the dog bite.
- The dog bite has made you permanently disabled.
- Your dog bite injuries necessitated emergency medical attention.
- Your injuries require you to undergo surgery or receive other extensive medical care.
- You required mental health treatment for the psychological injuries you suffered due to the dog bite.
These are all facts of your case that your Combs Law Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyer will work diligently to get to the bottom of and prove. We put the full weight of our resources behind obtaining evidence, determining liability and building a strong argument to make sure you get the best possible result in your Hallsville, MO dog bite injury claim.
In addition to the situation surrounding the accident and the severity of your injuries, the total recovery your Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyer can secure for you is also related to other factors, such as:
- Who is liable for the dog bite
- The insurance coverage policy limits
- The total economic losses you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the cost of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer calculates your non-economic damages
- How effectively your dog bite injury lawyer negotiates and how resistant the defendant is
Average settlements in personal injury claims like dog attacks are around three times higher for plaintiffs who hire a dog bite injury lawyer to represent them in their claim than for plaintiffs who try to settle their case on their own. Discover how Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement in your Hallsville, MO dog bite case by calling us at (314) 900-HELP today to go over your case with a knowledgeable Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyer.
Hallsville, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Who Is Liable
In order to get a complete settlement that makes you whole after being harmed in a dog bite incident, you will need to work with your Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyer to figure out who to file a claim against and who, in turn, is responsible for your damages.
Liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case has to do with who is responsible for your damages. A knowledgeable dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO with Combs Law Group is well-acquainted with Missouri law and has first-hand experience with a variety of situations related to liability in personal injury cases including dog bite injuries. We help you hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the damages you have experienced.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 puts into effect a practice of strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity assigns legal accountability to a party — in this case, the dog owner — irrespective of fault or intention. That means that your Hallsville, MO dog bite injury attorney does not necessarily have to show that the dog owner was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. To win your Missouri dog bite injury case, you only need to show that you were injured and that the owner’s dog bit you. In more certain terms, the Missouri statute lays out that the Hallsville or Missouri dog bite owner is legally responsible for your injuries if:
- you were injured by a dog bite;
- you were on the property lawfully when you were bitten (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did nothing to provoke the dog to attack.
If you were bitten by a dog that you did not provoke and you were not trespassing, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO will work to get you a fair settlement in your strict liability claim against the owner of the dog, and most of the time it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that will cover the cost of your damages. However, there may be other types of liability and parties who are to blame for your dog bite injures, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either through an action or omission, in their duty to keep you safe. Someone who allows a dog to run free through the neighborhood unsupervised or does not put their large, aggressive dog away when strangers or children visit their home could be considered negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer will diligently hold them accountable in a negligence case. A property owner or landlord could be partly liable for your injuries in they knew or should have known about a broken latch on the gate to a normally fenced-in yard and failed to fix it, allowing a dog to get out and attack.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se is when a party is legally liable by the act of breaking a law. Rather than comparing the defendant’s behavior to that of a reasonable person in the same situation, your Hallsville, MO dog bite lawyer can show that the person is liable for your injuries by default because they broke a law that was meant to keep you safe. For example, some cities and municipalities have laws in place mandating that people keep dogs on leashes while off their own property or prohibit dogs from being on others’ properties without permission from the property owner. If the person looking after or responsible for the dog broke one of these rules and their dog bit you, ask your attorney about a possible case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite damages?
Because of the potential for negligence claims outside of the strict liability statute in Missouri, it is possible that you have other cases against other defendants other than the owner of the dog. Depending on considerations such as who was present, where the bite occurred, and how the parties behaved, your dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO may build a case against other defendants in your Hallsville, MO dog bite case, like:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Businesses where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or a loved one were bitten by a dog but you believe that additional parties share the blame or that the owner has more blame than strict liability covers, act right away and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group is equipped with a dedicated team of talented Hallsville, MO dog bite injury attorneys willing to fight for your recovery and make the right parties pay. You did not deserve to be attacked or harmed, and you should be made whole through all avenues of compensation Missouri law provides. The legal team at Combs Law Group will get you a just recovery. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our Hallsville, MO attorneys have the skill and experience necessary to bring you justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Hallsville, Missouri: Hire a Lawyer Today
After facing the unexpected tragedy of a dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO with Combs Law Group can help you seek justice. A dog bite is usually a traumatic experience, and the physical and psychological injuries it leaves can affect your life in profound, unrelenting ways. Give yourself a chance to receive the recovery you deserve by speaking to an accomplished Hallsville, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we make it our mission to secure just compensation for you after suffering the harm of something like a dog bite attack. After being bitten and injured by a dog, call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach us online to discover how we can help you with your case.
Local Dog Bite Injury Lawyer