Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Fenton, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Fenton, MO. Dogs are beloved pets and, to some, even considered members of our family or fellow staff members. Many of us have dogs at home in Fenton, MO and we get a lot of joy from spending time with them. However, dogs are still animals and cannot communicate with us verbally. When a dog bites for whatever reason — they felt unsafe, were sick or in pain or were otherwise spurred to act on their instinct to attack — and you are hurt, you should be compensated. Though we have a number of laws in Fenton and Missouri and recommendations responsible pet owners can follow to prevent dogs from attacking humans, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still happen in Fenton, MO. When you or someone you know becomes the victim of a dog bite, it is our job to ensure that you get a fair recovery.
If your or someone you love has been injured in a dog bite incident, call Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyers represent each case with compassion and fervor. You did nothing to deserve to be injured and it would be unjust to leave you to suffer the consequences on your own. Missouri law provides a path for you to collect a complete financial recovery for the damages and losses you have suffered because of your injuries, but for a chance to receive a fair settlement, you will likely need a skilled Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyer fighting by your side. Our team of competitive attorneys have the experience and resources to make sure you are made whole again and allowed to move forward from this experience. Discuss your Fenton, MO case with Combs Law Group for free today. Start your recovery by reaching us now.
What compensation can my Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyer help me receive?
Every Fenton, MO dog bite injury claim is unique and it is normal to experience anxiety and uncertainly about your case after a dog hurts you. The amount in damages you could recover in your Fenton, MO dog bite case ranges anywhere from $10,000 for minor but evident injuries to more than $100,000 for bites that result in more serious, lasting damage and expensive medical care. However, to truly understand the possible settlement amount you can expect to receive for your Fenton, MO dog bite case, you must speak to a qualified St. Louis dog bite injury lawyer like the attorneys of Combs Law Group. Your compensation depends, in addition to other factors, on how extensive and debilitating your injuries and other damages are.
Types of damages available in your Fenton, MO dog bite injury case include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Costs of treatment
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The total sum you recover is determined by a combination of many variables, including whether or not you hire a lawyer in Fenton, MO. Remember that a dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO like a member of the Combs Law Group team will only agree to represent you if they can add value to your case and help you recover more than you could on your own. This also takes into account our contingency-fee model, which means that Combs Law Group will not bill you for anything unless your Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyer wins your case. Then, at the end of the case, we collect a percent of your full settlement. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the Fenton, MO area work on your case at no out-of-pocket costs to you. You have nothing to lose by contacting our Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyer team to discuss your case and learn how we can help.
How much is my case worth if I hire a dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO?
The average dog bite injury settlement is about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that cause permanent scarring and disfigurement settle for closer to $100,000 and permanent disabilities caused by dog bites can result in settlements of over $200,000.
While we wish we could promise an exact number, these averages do not guarantee anything in your particular case. Because your recovery depends on the unique circumstances and characteristics of your individual case, you need to speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO. Turn to the Fenton, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and contact us for a free review of your dog bite injury case today.
Factors That Affect the Value of a Dog Bite Case
Factors related to the dog bite that can affect the value of your claim include:
- You have scarring or are disfigured as a result of the dog bite.
- The dog bite has made you permanently disabled.
- You need emergency medical care due to your dog bite injuries.
- Your injuries require you to undergo surgery or receive other extensive medical care.
- You suffered psychological harm from the dog bite incident that required professional mental health treatment.
When you hire Combs Law Group, your Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyer will remain committed to investigating and proving the statements above that apply in your case. We put the full weight of our resources behind collecting evidence, evaluating liability and building an infallible argument to make sure you get the best possible outcome in your Fenton, MO dog bite injury claim.
Beyond the situation surrounding the accident and the severity of your injuries, the total recovery your Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyer can get you is also related to other factors, such as:
- Who is liable for the dog bite
- The liable party’s insurance coverage policy limits
- The sum of the economic damages you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the total cost of all of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer assesses and calculates your non-economic damages
- The ability of your dog bite injury lawyer to negotiate a settlement for your case
Average settlements in personal injury claims like dog attacks are around three times higher for plaintiffs who hire a dog bite injury lawyer for representation than for those in dog bite cases who try to reach a settlement on their own. Discover how Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement for your Fenton, MO dog bite injuries by reaching us at (314) 900-HELP today to ask an experienced Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyer about your case.
Fenton, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Determining Who Is Liable
In order to successfully collect a complete settlement that can help you move forward in life after being harmed in a dog bite incident, you will need a dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO you can trust to help you determine who is legally responsible for the damages you have suffered and, thus, who to hold accountable for your suffering.
Liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case has to do with who is at fault for your losses. With a Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO, you have a professional who knows Missouri law and has first-hand experience with a variety of situations related to liability in personal injury cases including dog bite injuries. We will make sure we hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the damages you have suffered.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 makes our state one that practices strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity assigns legal accountability to a party — in this case, the dog owner — regardless of their intention or whether there was fault. In application, it means that your Fenton, MO dog bite injury attorney does not need to show that the dog owner was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. In your Missouri dog bite injury case, all you need to prove is that you were injured and it was the owner’s dog that injured you. In more certain terms, the Missouri statute lays out that the Fenton or Missouri dog bite owner is liable for your injuries if:
- you were injured as a result of a dog bite;
- you were on the property lawfully when you were bitten (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did nothing to provoke the dog to attack.
If you were bitten by a dog that you did not provoke and you were not trespassing, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO will use our expertise to get you a fair settlement in your strict liability claim against the dog’s owner, and most of the time it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that will cover the cost of your damages. However, there may be other types of liability and parties who are to blame for your dog bite injures, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either through an action or omission, in their duty to keep you safe. Someone who allows a dog to run free through the neighborhood unsupervised or fails to crate their anxious dog when they are expecting visitors to their home could be considered negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer can fight to hold them accountable in a negligence claim. If a property owner or landlord was aware of but neglected to fix a broken fence and a tenant’s dog got out of the property and bit someone, the landlord may be negligent.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se is when a party is legally liable by the act of breaking a law. Rather than proving that the defendant did not act with care as a reasonable person would, your Fenton, MO dog bite lawyer can show that the defendant is liable for your injuries by default because they broke a law that was meant to protect you. For example, some cities and municipalities have laws that require owners to keep their dogs on leashes or prohibit dogs from being on others’ properties without the property owner’s permission. If the person in possession of the dog broke one of these rules and their dog bit you, you may have a case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite injuries?
Because of the potential for negligence claims outside of Missouri’s strict liability policy, it is possible that you have other cases against other parties in addition to the owner of the dog. Depending on the circumstances of who was present, where the bite happened, and what the parties in question did or did not do, your dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO may build a case against other defendants in your Fenton, MO dog bite case, like:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Businesses where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or someone you love were bitten by a dog and you suspect that someone beyond the owner is to blame, or that the owner has more blame than strict liability accounts for, act right away and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group has a dedicated team of talented Fenton, MO dog bite injury attorneys willing to fight for your recovery and hold the right parties accountable. You did not deserve to be attacked or harmed, and you should be made whole through all legal remedies available to you under Missouri law. Let Combs Law Group help you get a just recovery. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our Fenton, MO attorneys can help you seek justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Fenton, Missouri: Hire a Lawyer Now
After facing the unexpected tragedy of a dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in Fenton, MO with Combs Law Group will work hard to bring you justice. A dog bite can be quite traumatic, often leaving you with lasting physical and mental scars that can have a significant impact on your life. You have a chance to receive the recovery you deserve by consulting with an accomplished Fenton, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we are here to demand that you are justly compensated after suffering the harm of something like a dog bite attack. After being bitten and injured by a dog, call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach us online to learn how we can help you with your case.
Local Dog Bite Injury Lawyer