Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Eureka, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Eureka, MO. Dogs are beloved pets and, to some, even considered members of our family or fellow staff members. Many of us have dogs at home in Eureka, MO and interacting with any dog can bring us a lot of joy. However, dogs are still animals and do not have the ability to verbally communicate to us how they feel or what they are thinking. Whether they felt threatened, were sick or for one reason or another were prompted to act on their instincts to attack, when a dog bites you, you should be compensated. Though we have a number of laws in Eureka and Missouri and recommendations responsible pet owners can follow to prevent dogs from attacking humans, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still happen in Eureka, MO. When it happens to you or a loved one, we hare here to help you recover fair compensation.
If your or someone you love has been harmed by a dog that bit, contact Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyers represent each case fervently and with great care and dedication. You did nothing to deserve to be injured and you should not have to suffer the consequences on your own. Missouri law provides a path for you to recover full compensation for the damages and losses you have suffered as a result of the attack, but for a chance to receive just compensation, you will likely need a reputable Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyer fighting by your side. Our distinguished team of attorneys have the experience and resources to make sure you are made whole again and allowed to move forward from this experience. Discuss your Eureka, MO case with Combs Law Group for free today. Begin by contacting us now.
What compensation can my Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyer help me receive?
Every dog bite injury case in the Eureka, MO area is unique and it is normal to experience anxiety and uncertainly about your case after a dog hurts you. The value of a dog bite claim in Eureka, MO could be anywhere from $10,000 for minor but evident injuries to more than $100,000 for bites that result in significant, long-term damage and expensive medical care. However, to truly understand the possible settlement amount you can recover for your Eureka, MO dog bite injuries, speak to a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO about your case. Your compensation depends, in addition to other factors, on the extent of the damages or losses you have experienced.
Types of damages available in your Eureka, MO dog bite injury case include:
- Medical costs
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Treatment costs
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The total sum you collect depends greatly on many factors, including whether you hire an experienced Eureka, MO lawyer. Remember that a dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO like a member of the Combs Law Group team will not take on your case unless we can add value, meaning we will not agree to work for you unless we believe we can help you recover more money than you would be able to recover by yourself. This includes our contingency-fee model, which means that Combs Law Group will not bill you for anything unless your Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyer wins your case. At that point, we accept payment through a percentage of your total settlement once you receive your payment. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the Eureka, MO area offer our dedicated representation at no out-of-pocket costs to you. There is no reason not to speak to our Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyer team about your case to find out if we can help.
How much is my case worth if I hire a dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO?
The average dog bite injury settlement is about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that leave disfiguring scars could bring closer to $100,000 and permanent disabilities caused by dog bites can settle for over $200,000.
While we wish we could promise an exact number, these averages do not guarantee anything for your particular case outcome. In order to understand the complexities of your unique case and learn what to expect from your recovery, you need to talk to a dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO about your case. Trust the Eureka, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and contact us to review your dog bite injury case now.
Factors That Affect the Value of a Dog Bite Case
Factors related to the dog bite that can affect the value of your claim include:
- You have scarring or are disfigured as a result of the dog bite.
- Your injuries have caused permanent disability.
- You need emergency medical care due to your dog bite injuries.
- Your injuries require you to undergo surgery or receive other extensive medical care.
- You required mental health treatment for the psychological injuries you suffered due to the dog bite.
When you hire Combs Law Group, your Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyer will remain committed to investigating and proving the statements above that apply in your case. We dedicate our full resources to collecting evidence, evaluating liability and building a strong argument to get you an excellent result in your Eureka, MO dog bite injury claim.
In addition to the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries, the total compensation your Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyer can secure for you is also related to other factors, such as:
- Who is liable for the dog bite
- The liable party’s insurance coverage policy limits
- The total economic losses you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the cost of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer assesses and calculates the value of your non-economic damages
- The ability of your dog bite injury lawyer to negotiate a settlement for your case
Average settlements in personal injury claims like dog attacks are around three times higher for plaintiffs who hire a dog bite injury lawyer for representation than for those who attempt to reach a settlement without legal representation. Discover how Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement for your Eureka, MO dog bite injuries by reaching us at (314) 900-HELP today to go over your case with a knowledgeable Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyer.
Eureka, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Determining Liability
In order to get a complete settlement that can help you move forward in life after being harmed in a dog bite incident, you will need a dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO you can trust to help you figure out who to file a claim against and who, in turn, is responsible for your damages.
The idea of liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case has to do with who is at fault for your losses. A knowledgeable dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO with Combs Law Group knows Missouri law and has first-hand experience with a variety of situations regarding liability in dog bites and other personal injury cases. We help you hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the damages you have experienced.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 puts into effect a practice of strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity is a legal policy that names a party accountable — in this case, the dog owner — irrespective of their intention or whether there was fault. That means that your Eureka, MO dog bite injury attorney does not necessarily have to prove that the owner of the dog that bit you was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. To win your Missouri dog bite injury case, all you need to prove is that you were injured and that the owner’s dog bit you. In more certain terms, the Missouri statute lays out that the Eureka or Missouri dog bite owner is liable for your injuries if:
- you were injured by a dog bite;
- you were on public property or were on a private property legally (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did not provoke the dog to attack.
If you were bitten by a dog that you did not provoke and you were not trespassing, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO will work to get you a fair settlement in your strict liability claim against the dog’s owner, and most of the time it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that pays out the settlement for your damages. However, you may have claims against other parties under other types of liability standards, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either through an action or omission, in upholding their duty of care to you. Someone who lets their dog roam the neighborhood freely or does not put their large, aggressive dog away when strangers or children visit their home could be seen as negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer will diligently hold them accountable in a negligence claim. If a property owner or landlord was aware of but neglected to fix a broken fence and a tenant’s dog got out of the property and bit someone, the landlord may be negligent.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se is when a party is legally liable by the act of breaking a law. Rather than proving that the defendant did not act with care as a reasonable person would, your Eureka, MO dog bite lawyer proves that the defendant is liable for your injuries because of the simple fact that they broke a law that was meant to keep you safe. For example, certain towns and municipalities have laws that require owners to keep their dogs on leashes or prohibit dogs from being on others’ properties without the property owner’s permission. If the person looking after or responsible for the dog violated one of these rules and that dog bit you, ask your attorney about a possible case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite damages?
Because of the potential for negligence claims outside of the strict liability statute in Missouri, it is possible that you have other cases against other parties other than the owner of the dog. Depending on the circumstances of who was present, where the bite occurred, and how the parties behaved, your dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO may build a case against other defendants in your Eureka, MO dog bite case, like:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Businesses where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or someone you love were bitten by a dog but you believe that someone beyond the owner is to blame, or that the owner has more blame than strict liability accounts for, act right away and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group is equipped with a team of exceptional Eureka, MO dog bite injury attorneys willing to fight for your recovery and hold the right parties accountable. You did nothing to deserve being attacked by a dog, and you should be made whole through all legal remedies available to you under Missouri law. The legal team at Combs Law Group will get you a just recovery. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our Eureka, MO attorneys have the skill and experience necessary to bring you justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Eureka, Missouri: Hire a Lawyer Today
When you or a loved one are suddenly thrown off course by way of an unexpected dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in Eureka, MO with Combs Law Group can help you seek justice. A dog bite can be quite traumatic, often leaving you with lasting physical and mental scars that can have a significant impact on your life. You have a chance to be made whole again by consulting with an accomplished Eureka, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we are here to demand that you are justly compensated when a life-changing incident such as a dog attack causes you harm. After you or someone you love have been injured by a dog bite, call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message to discover how we can help you with your case.
Local Dog Bite Injury Lawyer