Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Elsberry, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Elsberry, MO. We love our pet dogs and may even go so far as to call them members of our family or fellow staff members. A lot of us have dogs at home in Elsberry, MO and interacting with any dog can bring us a lot of joy. However, dogs are animals and do not have the ability to verbally communicate to us how they feel or what they are thinking. Whether they felt threatened, were sick or for one reason or another were prompted to act on their instincts to attack, when a dog bites you, you should be compensated. There are Elsberry and Missouri laws in place and many things responsible pet owners can do to mitigate the risk of an attack, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still happen in Elsberry, MO. When it happens to you or a loved one, we hare here to help you recover fair compensation.
If your or someone you love has been harmed by a dog that bit, contact Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyers represent each case with compassion and fervor. You did nothing to deserve to be injured and it would be unjust to leave you to suffer the consequences on your own. Missouri law provides a path for you to recover full compensation for the damages and losses you have experienced as a result of the attack, but in order to collect just compensation, you will likely need a skilled Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyer fighting by your side. Our distinguished team of attorneys have the skills and resources to get you full compensation that will restore you after been harmed. Discuss your Elsberry, MO case with Combs Law Group for free today. Start your recovery by contacting us now.About Us
What compensation can my Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyer help me receive?
Every dog bite injury case in the Elsberry, MO area is different and it is normal to experience anxiety and uncertainly about your case after being injured by a dog. The amount in damages you could recover in your Elsberry, MO dog bite case ranges anywhere from $10,000 for minor but demonstrable injuries to well over $100,000 for bites that cause severe, permanent damage and expensive medical bills. Remember, though, that to find out the possible settlement amount you can recover in your Elsberry, MO dog bite claim, speak to a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO about your case. Among other details, the amount of compensation you can recovery depends on how extensive and debilitating your injuries and other damages are.
Damages you can recover in a dog bite injury case in Elsberry, MO include:
- Medical costs
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Treatment costs
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The total sum you collect is determined by a combination of many variables, including whether or not you hire a lawyer in Elsberry, MO. Remember that a dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO like a member of the Combs Law Group team will only agree to represent you if they can add value to your case and help you recover more than you could by yourself. This also takes into account our contingency-fee model, which means that your Combs Law Group Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyer will not charge you anything unless we win your case. Then, at the end of the case, we collect a percent of your full settlement. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the Elsberry, MO area provide quality legal support at no out-of-pocket costs to you. There is no reason not to speak to our Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyer team about your case to find out if we can help.
How much is my case worth if I hire a dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO?
The average dog bite injury settlement is about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that leave disfiguring scars could bring closer to $100,000 and permanent disabilities caused by dog bites can settle for over $200,000.
Unfortunately, these numbers are not guarantees in your particular case. In order to understand the complexities of your unique case and learn what to expect from your recovery, you need to speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO. Count on the Elsberry, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and ask us to review your dog bite injury case today.
Factors That Affect Your Settlement in a Dog Bite Case
Factors related to the dog bite that can affect the value of your claim include:
- The dog bite leaves visible scarring or disfigurement.
- The dog bite has made you permanently disabled.
- Your dog bite injuries necessitated emergency medical attention.
- You had to receive surgery or other significant medical treatments for your injuries.
- You suffered psychological harm from the dog bite incident that required professional mental health treatment.
When you hire Combs Law Group, your Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyer will remain committed to investigating and proving the statements above that apply in your case. We put the full weight of our resources behind collecting evidence, determining liability and building an infallible case to get you the best possible outcome in your Elsberry, MO dog bite injury claim.
Beyond the situation surrounding the accident and the extent of your injuries, the total sum your Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyer can get you will also depend on other factors, such as:
- What party or parties are liable for the dog bite
- The insurance coverage policy limits
- The total economic losses you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the total cost of all of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer calculates your non-economic damages
- The ability of your dog bite injury lawyer to negotiate a settlement for your case
On average, settlements in dog bite attacks and other personal injury cases are threefold for victims who hire a dog bite injury lawyer to represent them in their claim than for plaintiffs in dog bite cases who attempt to settle their case on their own. Discover how Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement for your Elsberry, MO dog bite injuries by reaching us at (314) 900-HELP today to go over your case with a knowledgeable Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyer.
Elsberry, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Determining Who Is Liable
To successfully collect a complete settlement that can help you move forward in life after the losses you have suffered following a dog bite incident, you will need a dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO you can trust to help you figure out who is legally responsible for the damages you have suffered and, thus, who to hold accountable for your suffering.
Liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case has to do with who is at fault for your losses. A knowledgeable dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO with Combs Law Group knows Missouri law and has first-hand experience with a variety of situations regarding liability in personal injury cases including dog bite injuries. We will make sure we hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the damages you have suffered.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 puts into effect a practice of strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity assigns legal accountability to a party — in this case, the dog owner — irrespective of their intention or whether there was fault. In application, it means that your Elsberry, MO dog bite injury attorney does not need to show that the dog owner was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. In your Missouri dog bite injury case, all you need to prove is that you were injured and it was the owner’s dog that injured you. In more certain terms, the Missouri statute lays out that the Elsberry or Missouri dog bite owner is legally responsible for your injuries if:
- you were injured as a result of a dog bite;
- you were on the property lawfully when you were bitten (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did nothing to provoke the dog to attack.
If you were bitten by a dog that you did not provoke and you were not trespassing, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO will use our expertise to get you a fair recovery in your strict liability claim against the owner of the dog, and most of the time it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that pays out the settlement for your damages. However, there may be other types of liability and parties who are to blame for your dog bite injures, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either through an action or omission, in their duty to keep you safe. Someone who allows a dog to run free through the neighborhood unsupervised or fails to crate their anxious dog when they are expecting visitors to their home could be considered negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer will diligently hold them accountable in a negligence claim. A property owner or landlord could be partly liable for your injuries in they knew or should have known about a broken latch on the gate to a normally fenced-in yard and failed to fix it, allowing a dog to get out and attack.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se refers to liability that is assigned automatically through the act of breaking a law. Rather than comparing the defendant’s behavior to that of a reasonable person in the same situation, your Elsberry, MO dog bite lawyer can show that the person is liable for your injuries by default because they broke a law that was meant to protect you. For example, certain towns and municipalities have laws in place mandating that people keep dogs on leashes while off their own property or prohibit dogs from being on others’ properties without permission from the property owner. If the person in possession of the dog violated one of these rules and that dog bit you, ask your attorney about a possible case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite damages?
Due to the possibility of additional claims of negligence outside of the strict liability statute in Missouri, you may have a case against other defendants in addition to the owner of the dog. Depending on considerations such as the parties that were involved, where the bite occurred, and what the parties in question did or did not do, your dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO may identify additional responsible parties in your Elsberry, MO dog bite case, such as:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Businesses where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a dog bite incident and you suspect that additional parties share the blame or that the owner has more blame than strict liability covers, act right away and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group is equipped with a dedicated team of talented Elsberry, MO dog bite injury attorneys ready to fight for your recovery and hold the right parties accountable. You did not deserve to be attacked or harmed, and you should be made whole through all legal remedies available to you under Missouri law. The legal team at Combs Law Group will get you the recovery you deserve. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our Elsberry, MO attorneys can help you seek justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Elsberry, Missouri: Hire a Lawyer Today
After facing the unexpected tragedy of a dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO with Combs Law Group will work hard to bring you justice. A dog bite can be quite traumatic, often leaving you with lasting physical and mental scars that can affect your life in profound, unrelenting ways. Give yourself a chance to receive the recovery you deserve by consulting with an accomplished Elsberry, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we make it our mission to secure just compensation for you after suffering the harm of something like a dog bite attack. After you or someone you love have been injured by a dog bite, call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach us online to learn how we can help you with your case.