Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Crawford County, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Crawford County, MO. We love our pet dogs and may even go so far as to call them members of our family or fellow staff members. Many of us have pet dogs in Crawford County, MO and interacting with any dog can bring us a lot of joy. However, dogs are still animals and cannot communicate with us verbally. Whether they felt threatened, were sick or for one reason or another were prompted to act on their instincts to attack, when a dog bites you, you should be given a recovery. There are Crawford County and Missouri laws in place and many things responsible pet owners can do to mitigate the risk of an attack, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still happen in Crawford County, MO. When it happens to you or a loved one, it is our job to ensure that you get a fair recovery.
If your or someone you love has been harmed by a dog that bit, call Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyers handle each case fervently and with great care and dedication. You did nothing to deserve to be injured and you should not have to suffer the consequences on your own. Our laws in Missouri offer you a path for recourse to recover full compensation for the full extent of the losses you have suffered because of your injuries, but for a chance to collect the full value of your damages, you are going to need help from a skilled Crawford County, MO dob bite injury lawyer. Our team of competitive attorneys have the skills and resources to make sure you are made whole again and allowed to move forward from this experience. Review your Crawford County, MO case with Combs Law Group today in a complementary consultation today. Begin your recovery by reaching us now.About Us
What compensation can my Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyer help me receive?
Every Crawford County, MO dog bite injury claim is different and you are likely to experience anxiety and uncertainly about your case after being injured by a dog. The amount in damages you could recover in your Crawford County, MO dog bite case ranges anywhere from $10,000 for minor but evident injuries to easily over $100,000 for bites that cause more serious, permanent damage and costly medical bills. However, to truly understand what kind of settlement you can expect to receive for your Crawford County, MO dog bite case, speak to a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO about your case. Among other considerations, the amount of compensation you can recovery depends on the extent of the damages or losses you have experienced.
Types of damages available in a dog bite injury case in Crawford County, MO include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Costs of treatment
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The final dollar amount you collect is determined by a combination of a variety of factors, including whether or not you hire a lawyer in Crawford County, MO. Remember that a dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO like a member of the Combs Law Group team will only agree to represent you if they can add value to your case and help you recover more than you could by yourself. This includes our contingency-fee model, which means that Combs Law Group will not bill you for anything unless your Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyer wins your case. At that point, we accept payment through a percentage of your total settlement once you receive your payment. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the Crawford County, MO area offer our dedicated representation at no out-of-pocket costs to you. You have nothing to lose by contacting our Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyer team to discuss your case and learn how we can help.
How much can I get for my case with a dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO?
On average, a victim in a dog bite injury case can recover about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that leave disfiguring scars settle for closer to $100,000 and permanent disabilities caused by dog bites can result in settlements of over $200,000.
Unfortunately, these numbers are not guarantees in your particular case. Because your recovery depends on the unique circumstances and characteristics of your individual case, you need to talk to a dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO about your case. Trust the Crawford County, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and contact us to review your dog bite injury case now.
Factors That Affect the Value of a Dog Bite Case
Factors related to the dog bite that can affect the value of your claim include:
- You have scarring or are disfigured as a result of the dog bite.
- Your injuries have caused permanent disability.
- Your dog bite injuries necessitated emergency medical attention.
- You had to receive surgery or other significant medical treatments for your injuries.
- You suffered psychological harm from the dog bite incident that required professional mental health treatment.
When you hire Combs Law Group, your Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyer will remain committed to investigating and proving the statements above that apply in your case. We put the full weight of our resources behind collecting evidence, evaluating liability and building an infallible argument to get you an excellent result in your Crawford County, MO dog bite injury claim.
Beyond the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries, the total compensation your Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyer can secure for you is also related to other factors, such as:
- What party or parties are liable for the dog bite
- The liable party’s insurance coverage policy limits
- The sum of the economic damages you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the cost of your medical bills
- How your dog bite injury lawyer assesses and calculates the value of your non-economic damages
- How effectively your dog bite injury lawyer negotiates and how resistant the defendant is
Average settlements in personal injury claims like dog attacks are threefold for victims who hire a dog bite injury lawyer to represent them in their claim than for plaintiffs who attempt to settle their case without legal representation. Discover how Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement in your Crawford County, MO dog bite case by reaching us at (314) 900-HELP today to go over your case with a knowledgeable Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyer.
Crawford County, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Who Is Liable
To receive a complete settlement that can help you move forward in life after the losses you have suffered following a dog bite incident, you will need to work with your Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyer to figure out who is legally responsible for the damages you have suffered and, thus, who to hold accountable for your suffering.
Liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case has to do with who is at fault for your damages. With a Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO, you have a professional who is well-acquainted with Missouri law and has seen many different situations regarding liability in dog bites and other personal injury cases. We will make sure we hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the losses you have suffered.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 makes our state one that practices strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity is a legal policy that names a party accountable — in this case, the dog owner — regardless of their intention or whether there was fault. That means that your Crawford County, MO dog bite injury attorney does not need to show that the owner of the dog that bit you was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. To win your Missouri dog bite injury case, all you need to prove is that you were injured and it was the owner’s dog that injured you. In more certain terms, the Missouri statute lays out that the Crawford County or Missouri dog bite owner is legally responsible for your injuries if:
- you were injured by a dog bite;
- you were on public property or were on a private property legally (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did not provoke the dog to attack.
If you were not trespassing and a dog bit you unprovoked, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO will use our expertise to get you a fair recovery in your strict liability claim against the owner of the dog, and most of the time it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that pays out the settlement for your damages. However, there may be other types of liability and parties who are to blame for your dog bite injures, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either through an action or omission, in upholding their duty of care to you. Someone who allows a dog to run free through the neighborhood unsupervised or does not put their large, aggressive dog away when strangers or children visit their home could be seen as negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer can fight to hold them accountable in a negligence claim. If a property owner or landlord was aware of but neglected to fix a broken fence and a tenant’s dog got out of the property and bit someone, the landlord may be negligent.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se refers to liability that is assigned automatically through the act of breaking a law. Rather than proving that the defendant did not act with care as a reasonable person would, your Crawford County, MO dog bite lawyer can show that the defendant is liable for your injuries because of the simple fact that they broke a law that was meant to protect you. For example, certain cities and municipalities have laws that require owners to keep their dogs on leashes or prohibit dogs from being on others’ properties without the property owner’s permission. If the person looking after or responsible for the dog violated one of these rules and their dog bit you, ask your attorney about a possible case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite injuries?
Due to the possibility of additional claims of negligence beyond Missouri’s strict liability policy, it is possible that you have other cases against other parties in addition to the owner of the dog. Depending on the circumstances of the parties that were involved, where the bite happened, and how the parties behaved, your dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO may identify additional responsible inidividuals in your Crawford County, MO dog bite case, like:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Businesses where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or someone you love have been injured in a dog bite incident and you suspect that someone beyond the owner is to blame, or that the owner has more blame than strict liability accounts for, take the first step toward your recovery and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group is equipped with a team of exceptional Crawford County, MO dog bite injury attorneys ready to fight for your recovery and make the right parties pay. You did not deserve to be attacked or harmed, and you should be allowed to recover through all legal remedies Missouri law provides. Let Combs Law Group help you get the recovery you deserve. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our Crawford County, MO attorneys can help you seek justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Crawford County, Missouri: Hire a Lawyer Now
When you or a loved one are suddenly thrown off course by way of an unexpected dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in Crawford County, MO with Combs Law Group can help you seek justice. A dog bite is usually a traumatic experience, often leaving you with lasting physical and mental scars that can have a significant impact on your life. Give yourself a chance to be made whole again by speaking to an accomplished Crawford County, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we are here to demand that you are justly compensated after suffering the harm of something like a dog bite attack. After being bitten and injured by a dog, call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach us online to discover how we can help you with your case.