Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Chesterfield, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Chesterfield, MO. We love our pet dogs and may even go so far as to call them family members or honorary coworkers. A lot of us have dogs at home in Chesterfield, MO and we get a lot of joy from spending time with them. However, dogs are animals and cannot communicate with us verbally. Whether they felt threatened, were sick or for one reason or another were prompted to act on their instincts to attack, when a dog bites you, you should be given a recovery. Though we have a number of laws in Chesterfield and Missouri and recommendations responsible pet owners can follow to prevent dogs from attacking humans, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still happen in Chesterfield, MO. When it happens to you or a loved one, it is our job to ensure that you get a fair recovery.
If your or your family member has been injured in a dog bite incident, contact Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyers handle each case with compassion and fervor. You did not deserve to be injured and you should not have to suffer the consequences on your own. Our laws in Missouri offer you a path for recourse to recover full compensation for the damages and losses you have suffered because of your injuries, but in order to receive a fair settlement, you will likely need an experienced Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyer fighting by your side. Our team of competitive attorneys have the experience and resources to get you full compensation that will restore you after been harmed. Discuss your Chesterfield, MO case with Combs Law Group for free today. Start your recovery by contacting us now.About Us
What compensation can my Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyer help me receive?
Every dog bite injury case in the Chesterfield, MO area is unique and it is normal to experience anxiety and uncertainly about your case after a dog hurts you. The value of a dog bite claim in Chesterfield, MO could be anywhere from $10,000 for minor but demonstrable injuries to well over $100,000 for bites that result in significant, permanent damage and costly medical bills. Remember, though, that to find out what kind of settlement you can expect to receive for your Chesterfield, MO dog bite claim, you must speak to a qualified St. Louis dog bite injury lawyer like the attorneys of Combs Law Group. Among other considerations, the amount of compensation you can recovery depends on the extent of the damages or losses you have experienced.
Damages you can recover in your Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury case include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Treatment costs
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The final dollar amount you collect depends greatly on a variety of variables, including whether you hire an experienced Chesterfield, MO lawyer. It is important to note that a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO will only agree to represent you if they can add value to your case and help you recover more than you could on your own. This includes the contingency-fee-basis on which we operate, which means that Combs Law Group will not bill you for anything unless your Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyer wins your case. At that point, we accept payment through a percentage of your total settlement once you receive your payment. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the Chesterfield, MO area provide quality legal support at no out-of-pocket costs to you. You have nothing to lose by contacting our Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyer team about your case to find out if we can help.
How much is my case worth if I hire a dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO?
On average, a victim in a dog bite injury case can recover about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that cause permanent scarring and disfigurement could bring closer to $100,000 and dog bites that result in permanent disability can result in settlements of over $200,000.
While we wish we could promise an exact number, these averages do not guarantee anything for your particular case outcome. In order to understand the complexities of your unique case and learn what to expect from your recovery, you need to speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO. Turn to the Chesterfield, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and ask us for a free review of your dog bite injury case today.
Factors That Affect Your Settlement in a Dog Bite Case
The following factors determine the value of your case:
- The dog bite leaves visible scarring or disfigurement.
- Your injuries have caused permanent disability.
- You need emergency medical care due to your dog bite injuries.
- Your injuries require you to undergo surgery or receive other extensive medical care.
- You required mental health treatment for the psychological injuries you suffered due to the dog bite.
When you hire Combs Law Group, your Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyer will remain committed to investigating and proving the statements above that apply in your case. We put the full weight of our resources behind collecting evidence, examining liability and building an infallible argument to make sure you get the best possible result in your Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury claim.
In addition to the situation surrounding the accident and the severity of your injuries, the total sum your Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyer can secure for you will also depend on other factors, such as:
- What party or parties are liable for the dog bite
- The liable party’s insurance coverage policy limits
- The total economic losses you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the total cost of all of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer calculates your non-economic damages
- How effectively your dog bite injury lawyer negotiates and how resistant the defendant is
Average settlements in dog bite attacks and other personal injury cases are around three times higher for plaintiffs who hire a dog bite injury lawyer for representation than for those who attempt to reach a settlement on their own. Discover how Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement for your Chesterfield, MO dog bite injuries by reaching us at (314) 900-HELP today to go over your case with a knowledgeable Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyer.
Chesterfield, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Who Is Liable
To successfully collect a complete settlement that makes you whole after being harmed in a dog bite incident, you will need a dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO you can trust to help you determine who is legally responsible for the damages you have suffered and, thus, who to hold accountable for your suffering.
The idea of liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case has to do with who is responsible for your losses. With a Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO, you have a professional who is well-acquainted with Missouri law and has first-hand experience with a variety of situations related to liability in dog bites and other personal injury cases. We will make sure we hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the damages you have suffered.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 makes our state one that practices strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity assigns legal accountability to a party — in this case, the dog owner — regardless of their intention or whether there was fault. That means that your Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury attorney does not necessarily have to show that the owner of the dog that bit you was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. In your Missouri dog bite injury case, all you need to prove is that you were injured and that the owner’s dog bit you. Specifically, the Missouri statute lays out that the Chesterfield or Missouri dog bite owner is legally responsible for your injuries if:
- you were injured by a dog bite;
- you were on the property lawfully when you were bitten (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did nothing to provoke the dog to attack.
If you were not trespassing and a dog bit you unprovoked, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO can get you an excellent recovery in your strict liability claim against the dog’s owner, and most of the time it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that will cover the cost of your damages. However, there may be other types of liability and parties who are to blame for your dog bite injures, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either in their actions or failure to act, in their duty to keep you safe. Someone who allows a dog to run free through the neighborhood unsupervised or fails to crate their anxious dog when they are expecting visitors to their home could be considered negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer will diligently hold them accountable in a negligence case. A property owner or landlord could be partly liable for your injuries in they knew or should have known about a broken latch on the gate to a normally fenced-in yard and failed to fix it, allowing a dog to get out and attack.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se refers to liability that is assigned automatically through the act of breaking a law. Rather than proving that the defendant did not act with care as a reasonable person would, your Chesterfield, MO dog bite lawyer can show that the defendant is liable for your injuries because of the simple fact that they broke a law that was meant to protect you. For example, some towns and municipalities have laws that require owners to keep their dogs on leashes or ban dogs from being on others’ properties without permission from the property owner. If the person in possession of the dog violated one of these rules and that dog bit you, ask your attorney about a possible case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite injury?
Because of the possibility of additional claims of negligence outside of the strict liability statute in Missouri, it is possible that you have other cases against other defendants other than the owner of the dog. Depending on considerations such as who was present, where the bite occurred, and what the parties in question did or did not do, your dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO may identify additional responsible defendants in your Chesterfield, MO dog bite case, like:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Businesses where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or someone you love were bitten by a dog but you believe that someone beyond the owner is to blame, or that the owner has more blame than strict liability accounts for, act right away and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group is equipped with a dedicated team of talented Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury attorneys ready to fight for your recovery and hold the right parties accountable. You did not deserve to be attacked or harmed, and you should be made whole through all legal remedies Missouri law provides. The legal team at Combs Law Group will get you a just recovery. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our Chesterfield, MO attorneys can help you seek justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. Some of our practice area specialties include:
- Sex Crimes Attorney
- Federal Criminal Lawyer Near Me
- DUI Attorney Near Me
- Criminal Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Chesterfield, Missouri: Hire a Lawyer Now
When you or a loved one are suddenly thrown off course by way of an unexpected dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO with Combs Law Group will work hard to bring you justice. A dog bite is usually a traumatic experience, and the physical and psychological injuries it leaves can have a significant impact on your life. Give yourself a chance to be made whole again by speaking to an accomplished Chesterfield, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we are here to demand that you are justly compensated after suffering the harm of something like a dog bite attack. After being bitten and injured by a dog, call Combs Law Group right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach us online to learn how we can help you with your case.