Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Centralia, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Centralia, MO. Dogs are beloved pets and, to some, even considered family members or honorary coworkers. Many of us have dogs at home in Centralia, MO and we get a lot of joy from spending time with them. However, dogs are still animals and cannot communicate with us verbally. When a dog bites for whatever reason — they felt unsafe, were sick or in pain or were otherwise spurred to act on their instinct to attack — and you are hurt, you should be given a recovery. There are Centralia and Missouri laws in place and many things responsible pet owners can do to mitigate the risk of an attack, but dog bites and dog bite injuries still occur in Centralia, MO. When you or someone you know becomes the victim of a dog bite, it is our job to help you recover fair compensation.
If your or your family member has been injured in a dog bite incident, contact Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP. Our Centralia, MO dog bite injury lawyers handle each case with compassion and fervor. You did nothing to deserve to be injured and you should not have to deal with the consequences on your own. Our laws in Missouri offer you a path for recourse to collect a complete financial recovery for the full extent of the losses you have suffered as a result of your injuries, but in order to collect the full value of your damages, you are going to need help from a skilled Centralia, MO dob bite injury lawyer. Our distinguished team of attorneys have the experience and resources to make sure you are made whole again and allowed to move forward from this experience. Discuss your Centralia, MO case with Combs Law Group for free today. Start your recovery by reaching us now.
What compensation can I get with the help of a dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO?
Every dog bite injury case in the Centralia, MO area is different and you are likely to experience anxiety and uncertainly about your case after being injured by a dog. The value of a dog bite claim in Centralia, MO could be anywhere from $10,000 in bites that cause minor but evident injuries to well over $100,000 for bites that cause severe, permanent damage and costly medical care. However, to truly understand what kind of settlement you can expect to receive in your Centralia, MO dog bite claim, speak to a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO about your case. Among other considerations, the amount of compensation you can recovery depends on the extent of the damages or losses you have experienced.
Types of damages available in your Centralia, MO dog bite injury case include:
- Medical costs
- Ambulance bill
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital stay costs
- Doctors’ bills
- Costs of treatment
- Physical therapy, chiropractic, and other outpatient care
- Mental health counseling
- Physical pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
The total sum you collect is determined by a combination of a variety of factors, including whether you hire an experienced Centralia, MO lawyer. It is important to note that a Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO will not take on your case unless we can add value, meaning we will not agree to work for you unless we believe we can help you recover more money than you would be able to recover on your own. This also takes into account the contingency-fee-basis on which we operate, which means that Combs Law Group will not bill you for anything unless your Centralia, MO dog bite injury lawyer wins your case. Then, at the end of the case, we collect a percent of your full settlement. That means our experienced dog bite injury lawyers in the Centralia, MO area work on your case at no out-of-pocket costs to you. There is no reason not to speak to our Centralia, MO dog bite injury lawyer team to discuss your case and learn how we can help.
How much can I get for my case with a dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO?
The average dog bite injury settlement is about $40,000 for a “severe but typical dog bite injury”, while dog bites that cause permanent scarring and disfigurement could bring closer to $100,000 and permanent disabilities caused by dog bites can settle for over $200,000.
Unfortunately, these numbers are not guarantees for your particular case outcome. Because your recovery depends on the unique circumstances and characteristics of your individual case, it is important that you speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO. Count on the Centralia, MO dog bite attorneys of Combs Law Group and ask us for a free review of your dog bite injury case today.
Factors That Affect Your Settlement in a Dog Bite Case
The settlement you receive in your dog bite case depends on factors like:
- You have scarring or are disfigured as a result of the dog bite.
- Your injuries have caused permanent disability.
- Your dog bite injuries necessitated emergency medical attention.
- You had to receive surgery or other significant medical treatments for your injuries.
- You required mental health treatment for the psychological injuries you suffered due to the dog bite.
These are all facts of your case that your Combs Law Centralia, MO dog bite injury lawyer will work diligently to get to the bottom of and prove. We dedicate our full resources to trracking down evidence, determining liability and building an infallible argument to get you the best possible result in your Centralia, MO dog bite injury claim.
Beyond the circumstances of the accident and the extent of your injuries, the total recovery your Centralia, MO dog bite injury lawyer can secure for you is also related to other factors, such as:
- Who is liable for the dog bite
- The insurance coverage policy limits
- The total economic losses you have suffered as a result of the bite, including the cost of your medical expenses
- How your dog bite injury lawyer calculates the value of your non-economic damages
- How effectively your dog bite injury lawyer negotiates and how resistant the defendant is
Average settlements in personal injury claims like dog attacks are threefold for plaintiffs who hire a dog bite injury lawyer to represent them in their claim than for those who attempt to reach a settlement without legal representation. Find out if Combs Law Group can help you collect a higher, more just settlement for your Centralia, MO dog bite injuries by reaching us at (314) 900-HELP today to ask an experienced Centralia, MO dog bite injury lawyer about your case.
Centralia, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyer: Determining Who Is Liable
In order to settle your case at a sum that makes you whole after being harmed in a dog bite incident, you will need to work with your Centralia, MO dog bite injury lawyer to figure out who to file a claim against and who, in turn, is responsible for your damages.
Liability in a dog bite or any personal injury case has to do with who is responsible for your losses. A knowledgeable dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO with Combs Law Group is well-acquainted with Missouri law and has first-hand experience with a variety of situations regarding liability in personal injury cases including dog bite injuries. We will make sure we hold the right people accountable and make sure they pay for the losses you have suffered.
In Missouri, Revised Statute Section 273.036 makes our state one that practices strict liability in dog bite injury cases. Strict liabillity assigns legal accountability to a party — in this case, the dog owner — irrespective of fault or intention. In application, it means that your Centralia, MO dog bite injury attorney does not need to demonstrate that the dog owner was negligent or that they intentionally allowed the dog to attack you. In your Missouri dog bite injury case, you only need to show that you were injured and it was the owner’s dog that injured you. Specifically, the Missouri statute lays out that the Centralia or Missouri dog bite owner is legally responsible for your injuries if:
- you were injured by a dog bite;
- you were on the property lawfully when you were bitten (in other words, you were not trespassing); and
- you did nothing to provoke the dog to attack.
If you were not trespassing and a dog bit you unprovoked, your Combs Law Group dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO can get you a fair recovery in your strict liability claim against the owner of the dog, and most of the time it is the dog owner’s homeowners or renters insurance that will cover the cost of your damages. However, you may have claims against other parties under other types of liability standards, too.
- Negligence: You may have a negligence claim if a person was negligent, either through an action or omission, in upholding their duty of care to you. Someone who lets their dog roam the neighborhood freely or fails to crate their anxious dog when they are expecting visitors to their home could be seen as negligent and your Combs Law dog bite injury lawyer can fight to hold them accountable in a negligence case. If a property owner or landlord was aware of but neglected to fix a broken fence and a tenant’s dog got out of the property and bit someone, the landlord may be negligent.
- Negligence per se: Negligence per se refers to liability that is assigned automatically through the act of breaking a law. Rather than proving that the defendant did not act with care as a reasonable person would, your Centralia, MO dog bite lawyer can show that the defendant is liable for your injuries because of the simple fact that they broke a law that was meant to keep you safe. For example, certain towns and municipalities have laws in place mandating that people keep dogs on leashes while off their own property or prohibit dogs from being on others’ properties without the property owner’s permission. If the person in possession of the dog violated one of these rules and their dog bit you, you may have a case of negligence per se.
Who is responsible for my dog bite injury?
Due to the potential for negligence claims beyond the strict liability statute in Missouri, it is possible that you have other cases against other parties in addition to the owner of the dog. Depending on the circumstances of the parties that were present, where the bite happened, and what the parties in question did or did not do, your dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO may build a case against other inidividuals in your Centralia, MO dog bite case, such as:
- Government organizations
- Dog walkers
- Places of business where dogs are present, such as pet stores, dog daycare facilities, etc.
If you or a loved one were bitten by a dog and you suspect that someone beyond the owner is to blame, or that the owner has more blame than strict liability accounts for, take the first step toward your recovery and speak to a dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO about your case as soon as possible. Combs Law Group is equipped with a dedicated team of talented Centralia, MO dog bite injury attorneys ready to fight for your recovery and make the right parties pay. You did nothing to deserve being attacked by a dog, and you should be allowed to recover through all avenues of compensation Missouri law provides. Let Combs Law Group help you get a just recovery. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP.
Our Centralia, MO attorneys have the skill and experience necessary to bring you justice in any type of personal injury or criminal case. The types of cases we take on include but are not limited to:
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Centralia, Missouri: Hire a Lawyer Today
After facing the unexpected tragedy of a dog bite injury, a dog bite injury lawyer in Centralia, MO with Combs Law Group can help you seek justice. A dog bite is usually a traumatic experience, and the physical and psychological injuries it leaves can have a significant impact on your life. Give yourself a chance to receive the recovery you deserve by consulting with an accomplished Centralia, MO dog bite injury lawyer today.
As your dog bite injury lawyer, we are here to demand that you are justly compensated when a life-changing incident such as a dog attack causes you harm. After being bitten and injured by a dog, call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach us online to learn how we can help you with your case.
Local Dog Bite Injury Lawyer