Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inWinfield, Missouri
Winfield, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re accused of a crime, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, securing qualified defense counsel can be one of the most significant decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Winfield and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Vital Role of Your Winfield, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and guarantee that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while reducing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are focused to building a strong defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Winfield, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Winfield, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Winfield, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Winfield, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to conduct an investigation to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Winfield, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Winfield, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Winfield, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Winfield, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, scientists or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Facing the reality of Winfield, Missouri criminal charges can be a daunting and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you talk to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Winfield, Missouri, we’ve encountered a diverse set of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each type of charge brings its own set of challenges that call for the expertise of a seasoned Winfield, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Winfield, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Winfield, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWIBeing charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Winfield, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Winfield, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Winfield, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is important to hire a defense attorney who has experience managing cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Winfield, Missouri, we are passionate about protecting our clients’ legal rights and supplying understanding and effective representation. To book a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, contact us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of success in the courtroom On top of that, you should look for a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Winfield, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me stay out of jail?
Although it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney such as the ones at Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea bargains, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and create a solid argument for your side. At the end of the day, your case result will depend on a number of factors, like the solidity of the proof against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in Winfield, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, it is important that you act right away. You deserve a solid defense and protection from discrimination.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can trust to work toward your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Winfield, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.