Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inWebster Groves, Missouri
Webster Groves, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most significant moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Webster Groves and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Critical Role of Your Webster Groves, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you receive fair treatment, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Webster Groves, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Webster Groves, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Webster Groves, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in Webster Groves, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to investigate your case to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Webster Groves, Missouri will help you work through the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible solutions.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Webster Groves, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or obtain an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Webster Groves, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Webster Groves, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, scientists or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Facing the reality of Webster Groves, Missouri criminal charges can be a unsettling and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will have peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Webster Groves, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each type of charge brings its own set of challenges that require the expertise of a seasoned Webster Groves, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can range from possession to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Webster Groves, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Webster Groves, Missouri who has handled drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Webster Groves, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are serious and can carry significant penalties. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Webster Groves, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Webster Groves, Missouri to challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is important to retain a defense attorney who has experience managing cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Webster Groves, Missouri, we are committed to defending our clients’ legal rights and offering empathetic and effective representation. To receive a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, contact us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions about Criminal Defense
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. You also deserve a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Webster Groves, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney similar to the ones at Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea agreements, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and create a strong argument in your favor. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on several factors, such as how strong the evidence is against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Webster Groves, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an municipal offense, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, it is paramount that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Webster Groves, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.