Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inWashington, Missouri
Washington, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the process.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, securing qualified defense counsel is one of the most critical decisions you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Washington and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Crucial Role of Your Washington, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and guarantee that you receive fair treatment, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are devoted to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Washington, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Washington, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Washington, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in Washington, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to investigate your case to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Washington, Missouri will help you work through the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Washington, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Washington, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Washington, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, forensic experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Washington, Missouri criminal charges can be a scary and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can find peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Washington, Missouri, we’ve represented clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every type of charge brings its own unique set of legal nuances that call for the expertise of a seasoned Washington, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can vary from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Washington, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Washington, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWIBeing charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Washington, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Washington, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire criminal justice process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in fines and other penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Washington, Missouri to contest the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is important to retain a defense attorney who has experience managing cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Washington, Missouri, we are passionate about protecting our clients’ legal rights and offering understanding and effective representation. To book a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, contact us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. You also should look for an attorney who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Washington, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney similar to those from Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea bargains, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and construct a solid case on your behalf. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, including the solidity of the proof against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in Washington, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, it is imperative that you act right away. You deserve a strong defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can trust to work toward your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Washington, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.