Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inUniversity City, Missouri
University City, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be severe. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the process.
When you have been accused of a crime, finding a competent defense lawyer is one of the most critical moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across University City and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your University City, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and ensure that you receive fair treatment, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in University City, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer in University City, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your University City, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in University City, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to conduct an investigation to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in University City, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced University City, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in University City, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your University City, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, technical experts or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Facing the reality of University City, Missouri criminal charges can be a unsettling and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will have peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in University City, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case brings its own set of legal complexities that call for the expertise of a seasoned University City, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from possession to trafficking and distribution. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in University City, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near University City, Missouri who has experience in handling drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can challenge the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWIBeing charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in University City, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to question the validity of the evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in University City, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in University City, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience handling cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving University City, Missouri, we are dedicated to safeguarding our clients’ legal rights and offering understanding and effective representation. To receive a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, contact us immediately. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions from our Clients
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of success in the courtroom You also deserve an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified University City, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me in avoiding jail time?
Despite the fact that there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea agreements, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and build a strong argument on your behalf. In the end, your case result will depend on various factors, like the solidity of the proof against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in University City, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, it is imperative that you act right away. You deserve a strong defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can trust to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in University City, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.